PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian's High Tea

LuAnimal
05-01-2004, 04:20 PM
I am traveling to WDW May 16th to the Polynesian, it'll be my Mom (74), sister (54) , DD (5) , DN (4) and me (?? ;) ). I was thinking about setting up something for my Mom and sister to do sans the children for a late Mother's Day present.

Can anyone tell me about this and if you personally think it's a good idea. Neither are used to being around children 24/7 so I thought it might be a good break for some adult time.

TIA!!

Lu

Jenn Lynn
05-01-2004, 04:31 PM
I am taking my MIL in October, just her and I, to the tea. :) DH will watch DD. I think your Mom and Sister would enjoy it. :)

LuAnimal
05-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Is there a place where I can find what is offered, I'd like to prepay for this as a surprise and I have no idea where to look for info.

TIA!
Lu

Nadine and Fred
05-01-2004, 07:16 PM
with the menu:http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_gft.htm. I am not sure if you can prepay but I would call WDW Dining and check.... My DD and I had tea there during our March visit. We ate to the strains of the wonderful orchestra playing in the lobby. I would definitely go!!

disfan100
05-01-2004, 08:13 PM
There are 3 seatings: 2:00pm, 3:15pm, and 4:30pm. If you plan to go in a few weeks you may want to make your PS soon. I called a few weeks ago to make a PS between May 19-22 and had to be flexible with my date and time. Sometimes there are bridal or shower gropus there. I have been to the tea many times with friends and my DD. We have always enjoyed this event!

LuAnimal
05-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks everyone! You're a wonderful group of people!

Lu

merrywether
05-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I can honestly say that the High Tea was the most relaxing part of any Disney vacation we've ever taken! DH and I took my in laws last summer and we all had a ball. DH and I returned in November and it was just as relaxing - excellent foods! We got the Buckingham Palace off the menu. Try the Garden View tea - wonderful!