PDA

View Full Version : to bring or not to bring?

ahilly
05-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I need some opinions on weather or not I should pack dd cindy dress for PSB and 1900 Park Fare dinner? DH doesn't want me to because he's afraid that she'll want to wear it the whole time we are there. I'm afraid that she we see other little ones in their dresses and be upset that she doesn't have hers? Anyone have to deal w/this? I'm open to all comments!

(I hope I posted this on the correct board):confused:

Thanks-
Ahilly

llane
05-01-2004, 04:13 PM
If you are willing... I'd let her wear it during the princess meals, but have her change after.

I'd also explain the dress shouldn't be worn getting on and off the rides because it might get ruined.

JESW
05-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Just wondering...why would your DH not want her to wear the dress the whole time? Do you mean the whole time at the meal or the whole time at the park?

When DD was 4 she wore a princess dress to CRT for breakfast but then changed into regular clothes afterwards. It just wasn't comfortable for her to wear it on the rides - altho we always see several little ones wearing them around the MK.

Let her be a princess for the day! :)

Jill

lovesdumbo
05-01-2004, 10:02 PM
I didn't bring my DD's(4) Cinderella dress for her to wear last year because we had 3 car seats, a double stroller, bottle for baby.....BUT I will send it down to the hotel ahead of time this year for sure. Or buy one there. How much longer will she believe the characters are real?

HollyJoy
05-01-2004, 10:15 PM
I would! Both my girls are already asking to bring AT LEAST one of thier princess dresses! Why not!? They can always change.

mommyseven
05-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes! Let her wear it. The experience will be even more special, and it will be completely worth the extra effort of having her change clothes afterwards.

Cinderellee
05-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Definately YES!! If they made them in grown-up sizes I would wear it!!

GailT
05-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Tell you DH that he is a kill joy. I remeber when I was small and I thought Cinderella was the best, I looked up to her. I bet she wouldn't want to wear it all day and if she did, so what, she will only be little for so long. Dn't be the person to ruin what she perceives the world to be, bring it:D

PS I don't even have a daughter and I wish I did for times like that

RobinMarie
05-02-2004, 06:18 AM
I would bring a dress! My dd usually wants to change afterwards but does enjoy bringing at least one. DD has a Belle gown that is very worn by now and I don't have to worry about it getting ruined.

I agree with you that if you do not bring the dress, your dd will miss it.

JKanownik
05-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Cinderellee
Definately YES!! If they made them in grown-up sizes I would wear it!!

How cute, Cinderellee! That's too funny! :laughing:

crisi
05-02-2004, 10:03 AM
If you don't bring it, you risk giving into the urge to buy another one there to please your daughter and make you happy. You have images of her in her princess dress. She will see the other girls and want to know why you didn't bring hers.

Tell DH its a "money saving" thing.

ahilly
05-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the feed back! I am going to send it down ahead of time(thanks lovesdumbo) and DH will just have to live with it::yes::

Thanks again-
Ahilly

DisneyMomx7
05-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Last year when we went DD wanted to bring her Minnie dress. I said no, it would be too hot. When we went to character meals everybody else had them on. I felt so bad. Ended up buying Ariel princes bride dress and TInkerbelle. You better believe I'm brining all her costumes this time. Lots of little girls even had them on at night back at the hotel to watch the fireworks (GF).

Micca
05-02-2004, 01:28 PM
If those outfits aren't suitable in WDW, where on earth would you ever wear them:confused: