PDA

View Full Version : Doctor put me on a new diet and need help!

ColoradoDis
05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Just found out that my triglycerides are too high and my HDL level (good cholesteral) is too low - so my doctor put me on a no sugar and no starch diet.

Wondering if any of you have the same diet and what you've done while at WDW. Any advice?

Thanks

mommyseven
05-01-2004, 02:09 PM
The folks on Atkins do not eat sugar or starches either. I would visit threads that talk about Atkins and WDW. Here's another link:
http://allearsnet.com/din/rev_lowcarb.htm

While you are not technically on a low carb diet, the reduction (or elimination) of sugars and starches is pretty close to the diet.

Doug Wolfe
05-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Try buffets where you have a wide choice of food, and can easily eat foods that fit your diet.

For instance, try dinner at the Beach Club hotel. They run a buffett every night where you can get meat & fish. Lettuce, veggies and some other foods. Hope this helps.:wave2:

hygienejean
05-01-2004, 03:51 PM
My DH is on a low/fat free diet also. We found the Disney folks to be very accomadating to his diet. If you have any PS's at the sit down eateries they will make sure there is something for you to eat. You do need to let them know in advance (at least a few days). When we were there last year the chef actually came over to our table (they knew we were coming) and cooked my DH something special! they do things like that all of the time so justlet them know in advance and you should not have any problem.

Go to Deb's site and check out some menus ahead of time to see if they are going to be part of your diet. If not then just do what I mentioned above.

Oh and beyond sit down restaraunts, we found that many counter service places serve very healthy choices as well as not so healthy. Good Luck and have fun!
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

ColoradoDis
05-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the advice - I checked out the menus (and the low-carb link). I don't feel so worried now.