PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights for dinner?

plutosgirl
05-01-2004, 06:48 AM
We are leaving for Disney on Thursday for 10 whole days!! :bounce:

My cousin and I are switching off a few nights and watching each others kids so we can have "date" nights with our hubbys. I was reading about Boatwrights in Port Orleans but can't find any reviews on it? Has anyone eaten here? I want the whole down south feel, cajun cooking etc...is this the place to go?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

chipnwendy
05-01-2004, 11:53 AM
We've not eaten there either, but from what I've read, the food isn't bad, but the restaurant itself is very noisy. Others may know more, and you may want to check the allears.net website for menus and info.

msteddom
05-01-2004, 11:56 AM
I've only eaten at Boatwrights for breakfast, but if you're considering it for "date night" I think you can do better. The space is wise open and there is a giant boat skeleton hanging from the ceiling. It's not very cozy, in fact I thought it was a bit creepy. I have also heard that the food is not that authenic either. Why don't you consider Artist Point over at the WL? I've heard rave reviews on that one!

Melissa

McCall
05-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by plutosgirl
We are leaving for Disney on Thursday for 10 whole days!! :bounce:

My cousin and I are switching off a few nights and watching each others kids so we can have "date" nights with our hubbys. I was reading about Boatwrights in Port Orleans but can't find any reviews on it? Has anyone eaten here? I want the whole down south feel, cajun cooking etc...is this the place to go?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

I ate there for my 35th anniversary and it was wonderful, excellant prime rib, I love the atmosphere and if you eat on the late side at least I did not find it noisy at all, we then did they horse and carriage ride from there in the full moon light.

Deb & Bill
05-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Boatwrights has a great dinner. If you don't like foo-foo meals, you will love Boatwrights. And they make the best Eggs Benedict for breakfast.

Guads6
05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
I have to say I think Boatwrights is one of the most best kept secrets of Disney World. It's a wonderful place for dinner! We have always enjoyed our dinners there! Sometimes the chef will even come out to ask you what you think of his cooking! Go have fun! ENJOY!!

Noelle
05-01-2004, 08:28 PM
We were there for Xmas and I had a wonderful pork loin with apples! It was REALLY GOOD! We had been there for breakfast too. Since it was in our resort, it was convient too! The meals were pretty large. So my husband and I split an ice cream sundae for dessert.

I'm sure you'll like it.

JKanownik
05-01-2004, 10:16 PM
DH and I had dinner here on the first night of our honeymoon and we really enjoyed ourselves. The food was great and we had the best service! When we were finished eating, we took the boat to DTD which was quite enjoyable. Another idea is to stick around to see the piano player, Bob Jackson. His show is so fun! He plays Wednesday through Saturday from 8:30 PM - 12 Midnight.

Here is a link to a Boatwright's review (http://www.dwuog.com/reviews/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=9fb12a78d2cda56f209c5dca6246cbd5&cmd=details&itemid=258).

Here is a link to the Boatwright's dinner menu (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bwd.htm).

tiggersmom2
05-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Boatwright's is definitely WDW's Best Kept Secret!! The food here is WONDERFUL and it is NOT expensive! DH and I loved the atmosphere and did not find the noise to be bothersome at all. You will love it!;) :wave:

BCV23
05-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by McCall
I ate there for my 35th anniversary and it was wonderful, excellant prime rib, I love the atmosphere and if you eat on the late side at least I did not find it noisy at all, we then did they horse and carriage ride from there in the full moon light.

Sounds like a very special night and memory.:D

BCV23
05-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JKanownik
DH and I had dinner here on the first night of our honeymoon and we really enjoyed ourselves. The food was great and we had the best service! When we were finished eating, we took the boat to DTD which was quite enjoyable. Another idea is to stick around to see the piano player, Bob Jackson. His show is so fun! He plays Wednesday through Saturday from 8:30 PM - 12 Midnight.

And another one!:D

plutosgirl
05-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks guys!! We will give this a try. And the horse and carriage ride afterwards sounds just perfect!! Do they still do this?

We are so excited!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: