PDA

View Full Version : Parking in DTD and taking the bus-----


RLM
04-30-2004, 04:33 PM
to the various parks. We will be staying off property and driving a rental car. Can we park in DTD, and get around WDW,(Parks,Hotels, etc) via the bus system. :smooth:

helenk
04-30-2004, 04:40 PM
The buses from DTD do not go to the other parks, only the resorts.

Chip 'n Dale Express
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RLM
to the various parks. We will be staying off property and driving a rental car. Can we park in DTD, and get around WDW,(Parks,Hotels, etc) via the bus system. :smooth:

No. You will need to park in the main parking lot of whatever theme park you wish to visit for that day. From there, you may use the park to park transportation if you wish.

There are NO theme park buses to or from Downtown Disney.

betterlatethannever
04-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
There are NO theme park buses to or from Downtown Disney.

Here is link (http://***************/showthread.php?s=&threadid=554668) to a thread where a poster says there is an MGM bus TO DTD, but not from. Is she correct?

Ed

CarolA
04-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Well if you can go FROM MGM to DTD, I don't know what good that would do the OP.

I would assume the fact that people parked at DTD tying up all the parking spaces is the reason you can't go from DTD to the parks anymore by bus.

Chip 'n Dale Express
04-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by betterlatethannever
Here is link (http://***************/showthread.php?s=&threadid=554668) to a thread where a poster says there is an MGM bus TO DTD, but not from. Is she correct?

Ed

That route was discontinued a little less than a year ago.

CarolMN
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RLM
to the various parks. We will be staying off property and driving a rental car. Can we park in DTD, and get around WDW,(Parks,Hotels, etc) via the bus system. :smooth:

Even if you could, it's not worth it, IMHO. It just takes too long - you're much better off driving directly to the theme park's lot and paying the parking fee. Doing that will save you at least 1/2 hour and usually more!

Think about how much your family spends on theme park admission. Then think about how much of your park time you are losing by trying to save a few $$ on the price of parking. You will likely spend time waiting for a bus as well as the time it takes to actually travel there.

I don't know about most people, but an hour of my family's time is worth a lot more than $8/day. When we stay off site, we just factor in the price of parking to the price of admission.

Again, JMHO.