PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Question

DizzyAgn
04-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Sending the Camera through Security at the airport will this void the pictures that are on the card (xray).... Just wondering as I don't want to pay for another higher mb card if this is the case

Thanks

8 more days to go and here we come Disney World.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :earseek:

SyracuseWolvrine
04-30-2004, 01:49 PM
The x-ray equipment will not cause any damage to digital media used in cameras.

BrittnTylersMom
04-30-2004, 11:06 PM
To be safe rather than sorry, I'm going to ask that my digital camera be hand inspected.

safetymom
05-01-2004, 06:22 AM
No reason for hand inspection with a digital camera. I travel for business quite a lot and never had a problem with digital images after the x ray.

Remember there are still people out there that will steal what they think they can get away with. So the less you advertise that you have the better. Leave it in your carry on.

madge
05-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by safetymom
No reason for hand inspection with a digital camera. I travel for business quite a lot and never had a problem with digital images after the x ray.

Remember there are still people out there that will steal what they think they can get away with. So the less you advertise that you have the better. Leave it in your carry on.

TSA told me the exact same thing last week. If you're nervous, take the memory card out, but leave the camera in the suitcase....

GAIL HAYDEN
05-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BrittnTylersMom
To be safe rather than sorry, I'm going to ask that my digital camera be hand inspected.

There is absolutely NO reason to do this. It will suffer no more harm than a laptop. Keep it in your carry on.