PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Alamo ?, last time I rented Alamo

WendyWorld
04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
They suttled us off site, but have read they are now onsite? Is that true?

RIght now I have a full size car for 9 days at $189 all taxes included etc with Alamo, was really hoping to get a mini van, but hey. But I am traveling with 3 small children we will be getting in late on a Tuesday night and don't want to have to deal with shuttles and hassle.....ideas?

DVC-Don
04-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Alamo is now onsite. We had a bad onsite Alamo experience and do not use them anymore so can not help you with the rest of your question.::MickeyMo

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by WendyWorld
They suttled us off site, but have read they are now onsite? Is that true?

RIght now I have a full size car for 9 days at $189 all taxes included etc with Alamo, was really hoping to get a mini van, but hey. But I am traveling with 3 small children we will be getting in late on a Tuesday night and don't want to have to deal with shuttles and hassle.....ideas?

Yes, they are onsite now and we have never had anything but good luck with them.

nuthut
04-30-2004, 07:46 PM
If you want to be ripped off, treated poorly and taken to the cleaners say yes to Alamo. Otherwise do as many others on these boards and say no to Alamo........

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by nuthut
If you want to be ripped off, treated poorly and taken to the cleaners say yes to Alamo. Otherwise do as many others on these boards and say no to Alamo........

Are you mistaking Alamo for your dealings with the people you rent your DVC points to?

You need to honor your contracts and you will find that you have fewer problems being treated, as you preceive, badly.

I hardly think a rate of 241.89 for a convertable for eight days, all taxes and fees included is being taken to the cleaners. And, as for being taken to the cleaners, did you not know the cost before you rented? Of course, ending your contract before you should have is what cost you.
Most people relate the reasons for their chagrin. You did once, but, the newbies don't know why. Enlighten us, please.