PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish vs. California Grill

devine5829
04-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I heard these were "Sister" restaurants but I don't know what that means. Are they similar? Is one better than theother?

madalex
04-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Have never heard them called that. They are not located near each other (CG at Contemp, FF at Boardwalk) and not themed similarly, food or otherwise (CG is California/American food, while FF is, obviously, more seafood oriented). They are certainly more alike than, say, Jiko and Artist Point (as an example), but not sure why they would be called "sister" restaurants.

They are both great restaurants. As for which is better, it is a matter of personal preference.

BCV23
04-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I seem to recall reading that they were designed by the same man. Don't have time to check my books right now but if my memory is right:confused: , that would explain the "sister" remark.

sotoalf
04-30-2004, 02:46 PM
I can definitely see resemblances between California Grill and Citricos (architecturally not thematically), but I'm not sure they were designed as sister restaurants. Same goes for Flying Fish.

BCV23
04-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Both restaurants were designed by Martin Dorf according to the Unofficial Guide.

So whoever called them sister restaurants may have just been referring to the fact that they have the same "father."

devine5829
05-01-2004, 09:32 AM
So how about the food at each of these places?

Isn't there a "Flying Fish" restaurant somewhere else-like Seattle or something? Are they related?