PDA

View Full Version : changing air itinerary

barb3779
04-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Our trip plan and budgeting has worked out even better than I had hoped, so now we really wish that we were staying at WDW for 10 days in July instead of 9. Problem is , we already booked our round-trip air from Philly when the rates first dropped (yeh for southwest!) and of course the airlines charge that awful $100 per ticket (and there are 4 of us!) to change your flight date. Any ideas on how I can add another day to our stay without having to cough up the whole $400 change fee? I could handle paying half of that. Thanks for any ideas ;)

debster812
04-30-2004, 11:36 AM
You're flying Southwest??? If that is the case, you won't have to pay the change fee ( I think, Gail Hayden will know for sure--she's the SWA Guru :wave: Hi Gail)

If there are flights avail for the day you want to change to, you can cancel your existing flights, get SWA credit for them, and then rebook the new flights.

Good Luck!!!!

barb3779
04-30-2004, 12:04 PM
No, I'm actually flying US air - they met southwest's prices to the penny and their flight times were better on both ends.

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by barb3779
No, I'm actually flying US air - they met southwest's prices to the penny and their flight times were better on both ends.
Unfortunately, you will have to pay the fee. There is no way around that.

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by debster812
You're flying Southwest??? If that is the case, you won't have to pay the change fee ( I think, Gail Hayden will know for sure--she's the SWA Guru :wave: Hi Gail)

If there are flights avail for the day you want to change to, you can cancel your existing flights, get SWA credit for them, and then rebook the new flights.

Good Luck!!!!

Hi ya debster!!!!
You are spot on here. :) the only extra charge would be if the flights were more expensive, then you would pay the difference.

barb3779
04-30-2004, 05:14 PM
That's what I figured - I was just hoping someone here might have a really clever solution that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the help anyway!