PDA

View Full Version : What counter service place are inside?

Sunbeamblue2002
04-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Hello again,

What are the counter service places that are actualy inside and maybe even have Ac. We are going in July (18-25). I was wondering as I have never been before to WDW.

Thanks,
Sunbeamblue2002

sconnell
04-30-2004, 09:12 AM
At MK - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Love this one!)
Pecos Bills (Pretty good)
These are the only ones that I have had experience with, but the Disney Wold Site has a Dining Finder tool (located midway down the page) http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningFinder?id=DiningFinderPage
I have found it to be fairly helpful. But I would suggest either of the two places I mentioned above, depending on where in MK you would be when lunch came about.
Have fun!:Pinkbounc

DisneyMomx7
04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Columbia Harbor House in MK is inside and air conditioned. It's more quiet upstairs and they have a nice view from the window tables.

CoolDisneyCat
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
At Epcot, there is Electric Umbrella in Future World.

Kaycee
04-30-2004, 12:36 PM
MK - Pecos Bill's, Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray's all have indoor seating. El Pirata Y el Perico, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Casey's Corner each have a few indoor tables as well as outdoor seating.

AK - Pizzafari and Tusker House both have indoor seating.

Epcot - Sushine Season Food Fair, Electric Umbrella, Fountainview Bakery, Liberty Inn, Tangierine Cafe, and Yakitori House, although the indoor seating is somewhat limited at all these except Sunshine Season Food Fair and Electric Umbrella.

MGM - We've never had counter service here (can't get away from Sci Fi!) but I think Backlot Express has indoor seating.

Letsbgoofy
04-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Some of the counter service restaurants in WS are inside. Japan, America, maybe China and Germany - it's been a while since we have eaten at either one!

The ABC Commisary at MGM.

We love Cosmic Rays too!

Sunbeamblue2002
04-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone,

It was kinda hard to tell just from the menues and reviews and stuff. good to know where to go when hubby gets cranky this July.

Sunbeamblue2002

Ron from Michigan
04-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Our favorite place in all of WDW is Peco's Bills in the Magic Kingdom. There burgers are the best. They have a fixin's bar with sauteed mushrooms & onions that is great. We always have to eat here at least a couple of times on each trip.

Mary Ellen
04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm actually having a harder time thinking of those that have all outdoor dining.

It shouldn't be a problem finding indoor counter service.

Kermit
04-30-2004, 06:19 PM
The ones that are listed as counter service, rather than as kiosks, are mostly inside, or at least very sheltered. Some of them don't have AC (the Plaza Pavillion and the restaurant in Germany come to mind), but they're still in the shade. I would imagine most of those probably at least have ceiling fans, but we never go when it's hot, so I wouldn't have noticed. You won't have a problem finding places to get out of the heat. They knew it was hot in Florida when they built WDW, so there are lots of indoor places to cool down. Heat wears you out and makes you go home early (and stop spending money), so they don't want that to happen. :D

faithfull
05-01-2004, 10:58 AM
These is one cheap non counter service restaurant that I recommend for MK. The Plaza Restaurant is almost as cheap as counter service....the BIG difference between this and counter serivce....THE BOTTOMLESS GLASS OF ICED COLD TEA. Sitting in the air conditioning drinking about 10 glasses of ice cold tea seems to recharge my family really well. At counter service, unless it is changed, you pay for each glass of beverage so you tend to get dehydrated. Food for thought.:wave:

Alice28
05-01-2004, 04:15 PM
One counter service that I can think of that does NOT have A/C is the Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot's China pavilion...OMG- we were dying it was so hot....it's sheltered, but not actually inside a building. And Chakranadi Chicken shop in AK is the same way.

accomp
05-01-2004, 04:56 PM
We love Cosmic Ray's! ::MinnieMo

Sunbeamblue2002
05-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Again, Great info that I will keep in mind. By the way I have been debating on adding The Plaza Rest into my plans that thing about drink refills is good to remember.

Sunbeamblue2002

susy
05-02-2004, 07:18 AM
I live in Fl and I think anyone who goes to WDW in July is very brave to say the least. I would plan a sit-down meal in the middle of the day to get out of the heat and relax for a while. Alos, it rains every day around 2-4pm, so I would schedule a break for a nap at your hotel if you don't like touring in the rain (some do).