PDA

View Full Version : Any counter service places offer drink refills?

Musky
04-30-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm sure we've all been in fast food places in the real world that have the soft drink dispensers in the dining room so you can help yourself to refills. There are also many places that have the dispensers behind the counters, but if you take your cup back up, they will refill it for free. I'm just wondering if there is any place in WDW that offers refills on drinks (other than sit-down restaurants). We are big iced tea and pop drinkers, and always need at least one refill with our meals. If we have to buy 2 drinks per person for the four of us, that's $16 before we've even gotten to the food! Has anyone ever asked for a refill at a counter service place?

Musky:wave2:

BethR
04-30-2004, 07:52 AM
I don't KNOW of any Fast Food place at the parks who give drink refills, but anyone does, it would be a deciding factor in our restaurant choice! ::yes:: DH and DD#2 are BIG pop drinkers.

SCgoofy64
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
I have never seen any "free" drink refills at counter service restaurants at WDW. I know they would not do that because every guest would just carry their cup around all day and drink up all the profit. It would be a very unwise business decision. I'm sure most of the profit WDW makes is from all the food/drink , hotel, and merchandise sales. That $2.00 22 oz coke costs them approximately .12 cents.

gatour
05-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Disney doesn't pay for the soda syrup, not sure if your 12 cents include that or not.

SCgoofy64
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
So Coke pays Disney to be the exclusive provider of coke products on property and they also give Disney the Coke syrup for free??? Whats in it for Coca-Cola Co., free advertising???

Simba's Mom
05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
EVERY resturaunt where we live gives unlimited free refills (probably because it's so hot here)-either sit down or counter serve. So it was a real shock to me to find no place in WDW did that, at least none that we found. If you ever find such a place, please let us know!

Disney_Freak56
05-03-2004, 09:56 PM
You could ask for glasses of ice water (which are free) in addition to your sodas. Or you could drink milk (which surprisingly is fairly inexpensive).

You could bring in packets of crystal light or gatorade and mix into the glasses of ice water.

Just a few suggestions. And... as other have said -- there are no free refills at the counter service spots.

Mary W

:earsgirl: and :earsboy:

dadog
07-07-2007, 06:38 AM
anyone know this answer for 2007?

dadog
07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
bump

DisneyKevin
07-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Was in the Electric Umbrella in Epcot last week and the soda dispenser is in the main dining area. You can refill you soda as many times as you like.

Kevin

n2mm
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
food courts at the resorts are CS credits and offer refills.

BethR
07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Was in the Electric Umbrella in Epcot last week and the soda dispenser is in the main dining area. You can refill you soda as many times as you like.

Kevin

That is good to know! I am sure that this will influence where we eat CS when at Epcot. :)

dis-happy
07-07-2007, 12:06 PM
You could also bring your own bottles of soda into the park (each person could carry a couple in their backpacks) and ask for free cups of ice at the CS place. Much cheaper than paying Disney prices!

SnowWhite2
07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney had the Coke machine in the dining area the last time we were there. It's one of my favorite places - good food, reasonably priced and free refills on my diet Coke. What else can you ask for in a CS restaurant. :goodvibes

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Every Resort counter service location along with the Electric Umbrella, Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Pucks Express has a Coca Cola machine where you can get drinks yourself and get refills yourself. The counter service location where the Cast Members get you the drinks do not offer free refills, so if you would want another drink you would have to purchase a new one.

jbbt
07-07-2007, 04:10 PM
You get your own drink at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot too!

septbaby
07-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Comparing Disney CS, especially in the parks, to fast food in your home town is probably not a fair comparison. Those CSs are more like your arena, tadium, concert venue, CS choices, all entertain first, feed second. In my experience those places charge $3-$5 for a drink w/o a refill. Disney isn't quite that expensive.

Often I order a beverage and also get water with my meals. As I drink both there is usually plenty. Water is what actually quenches the body's thirst, the other stuff just tastes good going down. :)

AJKMOM
07-07-2007, 05:44 PM
McDonalds in DTD and near the AK have dispensers in the eating area.

wendy46001
07-07-2007, 06:06 PM
You get your own drink at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot too!

these are not free refills....if you ask any CM they will tell you that you need to pay....I've seen people get away with it...but its still not allowed

Stitch'sCousin
07-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Not sure about CS but this was at All Ears regarding TS

Thirsty Kids Now Get Free Refills at Disney Table Service Restaurants

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Just in time for summer, Walt Disney World Resort has enhanced the value of kids' meals in table service restaurants by introducing free refills on child beverages -- including juices, milk, bottled water, and soda -- for guests nine years and under. The refill policy, which is offered at more than three dozen table service restaurants in the Disney parks and resorts, does not apply to specialty drinks that typically are not included with the kids' meals.

dadog
07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
bump