PDA

View Full Version : Southwest, buy now or wait for June for Sept airfare?

Kristentheangel
04-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi,
I've read a lot about people waiting till the last minute to buy SW tix and saving a ton of money, should I wait until June for Sept?? They dont even have the return date avail. yet, any suggestions?

eljojo
04-29-2004, 09:34 PM
If we had waited, we would have saved $300, but then I was worried we'd have to travel at crappy times, or worse yet, the flights would be filled. It seems you can't win!! I wonder if I'd call them if I'd get a credit. We only fly every few years, so that probably wouldn't help me much anyway.

GAIL HAYDEN
04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by eljojo
If we had waited, we would have saved $300, but then I was worried we'd have to travel at crappy times, or worse yet, the flights would be filled. It seems you can't win!! I wonder if I'd call them if I'd get a credit. We only fly every few years, so that probably wouldn't help me much anyway.

You can do that right online. Just cancel and rebook, if the fares you want are out there. They will hold a credit for you for one year of the original purchase (travel must be completed by then also), but, you can sell that credit to someone like on Ebay.

markey
04-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Last year I waited until the middle of May for our August trip and got tickets from BWI to Tampa for under $100, both ways. This year I just caught a special with Delta last month to fly from Central Pa. to Tampa for the same price. My co-worker tells me I am either lucky or know what I'm doing in playing the air ticket gamble. Now the rental car that is a different story, can't seem to find a deal, eariler the price was low but didn't book until I had airline tickets, guess what I saved in air fare I will give back to the rental car company.