PDA

View Full Version : Changes with National-Help!

Smcgibeau
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Okay, so assuming the old ways of EA service are no longer as per the EA running thread I now have a question.

I'm checking other rates through National and came up with a full size car rate from Jun 8 to June 14 for $176 total. Lower than my original size intermeidate rate but not as low as my current intermediate rate. BUT...it's through Emerald Reserve. Now I am an Emerald Club member so I've got my card. When I'm reading the benefits on the National website it seems to say when I reserve this full size car I go to the full size aisle and take any car there. Is this the case?

And if so, are PT cruisers, Aztec's, Liberty's and other small SUV's considered full size or are they SUV's? Their fleet gives no info on their website.

Thoughts? Should I just call National and ask what size they consider these small SUV's?

Smcgibeau
04-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Emerald Reserve Service, is exclusively for Emerald Club® members. Whether you reserve a convertible, SUV, minivan or any other vehicle, you'll be amazed at the speed and convenience of this service. With Emerald Reserve, you'll be able to reserve any car type, excluding intermediate (or fullsize if Executive level member). When you arrive at the location, you'll bypass the counter, go directly to the row of the car class reserved and choose any car. It's that easy! Emerald Reserve Service is available at all Executive Selection & Emerald Aisle locations.

When making intermediate car reservations, please continue to go directly to the Emerald Aisle® and choose from any available car as usual - all at the price of an intermediate. You may still find vehicles on the Aisle that are larger than intermediate (including fullsize), but if you need to guarantee a specific car class, simply use Emerald Reserve Service.

So I'm completely confused. Should I keep my EA reservation and hope for a Liberty or such or spend another $15 and get whatever's on the full size aisle. And do Liberty's reside there or just full size cars.

(Also, hubby and I have intermediate size cars at home, Honda CRV and Nissan Altima--so we're used to them)

Lastly, I'm a complete freak over this aren't I? :crazy:

Smcgibeau
04-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm a total lunatic but I think it paid off.

Using the BJ's coupon and contract ID (and we are BJs members) I'm now at a rate of $145 for a full size car for June 8-14th and using Emerald Reserve service, no counter.

Thanks to the advice to clear my cache and cookies, that did the trick. It kept saying first I wasn't 7 days, then it said I had to do counter service. Finally it worked after I cleared everything.

I also called and asked and Aztec's, Altimas, Camrys, Malibu's, and Impala's are all considered full size. So I'm good!

Thanks all for letting me pull a nutty on this. :tongue: :jester: :teeth:

crazywig
04-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Smcgibeau

Thanks all for letting me pull a nutty on this. :tongue: :jester: :teeth:

i haven't heard 'pull a nutty' since i was a kid!http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/ROTFLMAO.gif

i also just booked a full size emerald reserve due to the new changes on the EA. i can't risk getting a 2dr intermediate when i have a carseat (too much of a pain).

i got full size ER
june 4-11
priceless vacation contract code
bj's coupon # 10009013 (i have this memorized now LOL)

$133.69 including all taxes.

not bad! (my EA rate was $121)

lawgs
04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Smcgibeau

where did you get the information from...?

the information i see when i go to nationalcar's website is completely different with respect to Emerald Reserve and Emerald Aisle

can you post the url for the place where you got your info...

please

thanks

lawgs

Smcgibeau
04-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by lawgs
Smcgibeau

where did you get the information from...?

the information i see when i go to nationalcar's website is completely different with respect to Emerald Reserve and Emerald Aisle

can you post the url for the place where you got your info...

please

thanks

lawgs

Here you go. I went just this morning to Nationalcar.com, clicked on Emerald club, clicked on Emerald Club benefits, clicked on Emerald Club Reserve on the left side. Here's the final link.
Emerald Club link here (http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/DocHandler/index.html?2115d1a3143b402e)

CarolA
04-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Reseve what you can live with! If you cannot live with an intermediate, I would recommend biting the bullet and reserving a full size.

wdaveo
04-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Do I have to be a member of BJ's to use their code? What about Carlson?

I actually made a reservation a few days ago with codes from this website (don't even remember what the codes were) and now I am concerned that I won't be able to use them. Can someone clarify for me?

Thanks,

Dawn

Disneefun
04-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by wdaveo

You have to be a member of BJ's to use their code and coupons. I have not always been asked to produce my membership card, but on occasion they have asked to see it. So I'm not sure I'd chance it if I weren't a member. I don't know what the deal is with the Carlso code, but I'm sure someone else will.

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Smcgibeau
Emerald Reserve Service, is exclusively for Emerald Club® members. Whether you reserve a convertible, SUV, minivan or any other vehicle, you'll be amazed at the speed and convenience of this service. With Emerald Reserve, you'll be able to reserve any car type, excluding intermediate (or fullsize if Executive level member). When you arrive at the location, you'll bypass the counter, go directly to the row of the car class reserved and choose any car. It's that easy! Emerald Reserve Service is available at all Executive Selection & Emerald Aisle locations.

When making intermediate car reservations, please continue to go directly to the Emerald Aisle® and choose from any available car as usual - all at the price of an intermediate. You may still find vehicles on the Aisle that are larger than intermediate (including fullsize), but if you need to guarantee a specific car class, simply use Emerald Reserve Service.

So I'm completely confused. Should I keep my EA reservation and hope for a Liberty or such or spend another $15 and get whatever's on the full size aisle. And do Liberty's reside there or just full size cars.

(Also, hubby and I have intermediate size cars at home, Honda CRV and Nissan Altima--so we're used to them)

Lastly, I'm a complete freak over this aren't I? :crazy:

Libertys are considered SUV's and will be on the SUV aisle, not the full size. As to EA, don't count on much being there in the line of a SUV.
They may have a small SUV in all my rentals I have seen one on the aisle.
Regardless of the size of the SUV it will be on the SUV aisle.

PT's are considered a specialty car and are often found on the Emerald Aisle.
I am not sure what aisle they would normally be on.

GAIL HAYDEN
04-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by wdaveo

I actually made a reservation a few days ago with codes from this website (don't even remember what the codes were) and now I am concerned that I won't be able to use them. Can someone clarify for me?

Thanks,

Dawn

Since the code for BJ's is a perq for members, yes, you need to be a member. And, yes, they will ask for the card, they have done so to us a few times.

Carlson code, anyone can use it.