PDA

View Full Version : MyPoints BonusMail/email question.

flaps
04-29-2004, 08:34 AM
I have noticed the past couple months that I'm very rarely getting any emails from MyPoints. I've been a member for ~9 months, and used to receive at least a couple every weekday. I was wondering if this is typical, or if I should contact MyPoints about it or ??????

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Straitlover
04-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Lately, I've been getting 2-3 every other day or so. One, make sure they're not being sent to your junk mail folder. Every once in awhile, I have some that end up in mine. Two, on the My Points website, look at your account and make sure you've signed up to receive all the categories available.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do.

iNTeNSeBLue98
04-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I've noticed less Bonus email as well. I thought I might have caused less to hit my inbox because I changed my email address (twice now). But even the second account I had, with a separate email, tfor which I never changed email addresses, wasn't getting the emails either.

I just looked up my account history at MyPoints. I joined in July 2003 and there's defintely a reduction in bonus emails. I've only made one purchase through My Points and had a few offers or trials. Most of my points were from the emails.

Here's my history:
Jul 1250
Aug 640
Sep 670
Oct 205
Nov 240
Dec 330
Jan 145
Feb 220
Mar 70!
Apr 115

What happened in March and improved a little for April?

flaps
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your replies! :)

As I recall I signed up for everything, but I'll check just in case. Yes, occasionally some MyPoints mail would end up in my junk mail, but I've always checked for it before deleting. I haven't changed my email addey at all. I'm not noticing anything else amiss with my account, and the points I have been getting appear to be added to my account in a timely fashion. I've simply not been getting many emails from them anymore. Maybe 3-4 a month the past couple months.

I haven't purchased anything through MyPoints, and have been accumulating my points solely through the freebie emails, surveys and registrations. I'm wondering if the fact that I've not been spending money has anything to do with the reduction in emails, or if it's maybe because some of the offers are available once every 365 days?

I've been hoping to hit 3,000 points in time to redeem by the end of May. I'm currently sitting at 2,485 and have been getting nowhere fast, and was wondering why the emails had "dried up."

Thanks again! :)

DianaPrincessofWales
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
When I started MyPoints about a year ago I received my points only by e-mails and surveys, and the e-mails barely crawled in. After I made a few purchases they seemed to pick up. Now they seem to be at a snails pace again, maybe getting 1 or 2 a day. I guess my Olive Garden meal will just taste that much better!!::yes::

Sarahsmom85
04-30-2004, 09:49 AM
I haven't gotten any in a few weeks. I have belonged to MY Points for a long time. The best thing is I got an My Points credit card. I use it for gas and groceries each month and pay it off. So far since Dec I have had enough points to get 3 $25 Rainforest GC's. Of course part of that is the 3000 points special I got for recieving the card in the first place but I plan to use this to help me get some xmas presents free. I love My Points.

flaps
05-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your comments. They've been appreciated. :)

I was originally hoping to pick up a $25 Rainforest Cafe GC, but am now shooting for a $25 BassPro (?? the name is eluding me at the moment) GC to give as a gift. If I don't hit that in time, perhaps I'll just cash out for a couple gas cards instead.