PDA

View Full Version : Questions about GC

2belles'mom
07-01-2001, 11:04 AM
I have ressies at GC for this month. I LOVE WL at WDW--really want to try GC, but I have been disappointed by reports about "lack of Disney feel" there.

Can anyone comment?

Also, how close is GC to monorail/Disneyland? I know it has its own entrance to DCA, but what is the commute to DL?

Thanks!

Michelle
07-01-2001, 01:08 PM
I personally LOVE the GC. It is a beautiful hotel, and it is MORE convenient to DCA and Disneyland. It is literally IN DCA, and you are steps away from the entrance to Disneyland and from Dowtown Disney as well. For convenience, you cannot beat this hotel.

If you love the WL you will definitely feel right at home at the GC, with it's huge lobby and large stone fireplace, darker decor and cozy (smaller) rooms. The staff is outstanding at this resort, and to me that is a huge part of the Disney "feel". I don't think you'll be disappointed at the GC. Enjoy! :D

LuvTigger
07-01-2001, 04:54 PM
Regarding the monorail...

there are only 2 stops, Downtown Disney (they re-did the Disneyland Hotel stop so you get on at DD now) and Tomorrowland. Though it goes through GC, it does not stop there.

However, everyone I know whose been there lately said it's a snap getting around since everything is so close!

2belles'mom
07-01-2001, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the info! I am soooo excited! I think GC will be perfect for us.

danicaw
07-02-2001, 06:34 PM
We went in March and loved it.
We are big WL fans and we werent dissapointed.

I have a couple of pictures and a brief trip report on our site at...
http://www.thatswright.com/DCA/index.htm
...if you are curious

Have a great time

LuvTigger
07-02-2001, 09:25 PM
Danicaw,

Thanks for the trip report and pictures! I think I had asked you about the bear and cookies before, it was great to see what it looked like!

SteveH
07-04-2001, 11:50 PM
Our family got the Disney feel and more, being right in the parks and resort was a nice thing too, to walk right into DCA was great , seeing the rides at night was so much fun and the inside of the resort was amazing. its not WDW, but something different and unique. I would stay again in a heartbeat.