PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember...

SamanthaL
04-28-2004, 07:18 PM
when CRT had an all you can eat meal? It was either lunch or dinner and King Stephan ruled over the meal. He gave orders and watched over everyone. I was only 13 at the time. I am now 21:teeth: . (oh well it was worth it a try.)
Basically I don't remember much else. Can anyone help my failing memory?

Micca
04-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Although that must seem like a lifetime ago to you;) it was only 8 years ago. I must say I don't remember the meal you speak of.
Anybody else?:D

SamanthaL
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that micca! Truth is I am 22. I am trying to feel young again. OOPPSS the dates of my kids birth are at the bottom. That may give me away a bit!:o
ok but I will never admit to being a day over 25!

paras4ri
04-28-2004, 09:35 PM
I don't remember an all-you-can-eat meal but I certainly remember King Stephan! I celebrated my 29th birthday there and I have a picture with him. That was __ years ago!!! ;)

Simba's Mom
04-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Eight years ago was 1996, and it was the first time I ate there. I must say I don't remember an all you can eat meal there, at least not at lunch (the meal I was there for).

BCV23
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Although lunch at King Stephan's has been a tradition for us for many years, I also don't remember an all you can eat meal (other than breakfast before people started calling it a princess breakfast) and also don't remember an actual King Stephan.

BTW, has anyone else had a server who introduces herself as Lady something or other and then doesn't do the address thing for the diners? We've had her the last two times we've dined there and figure if she can't see the fun in it she might consider other restaurants?:rolleyes:

SamanthaL
04-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Eight years ago was 1996, and it was the first time I ate there. I must say I don't remember an all you can eat meal there, at least not at lunch (the meal I was there for).

Well.... OK maybe it was a few more years ago than I said. OK OK!! I am 33. There I said it so that would make it 20 years ago!! I just remember King Stephan sitting at the front of the restaurant and I remember not really liking the whole thing at all. I was shy back then and taking orders in front of everyone was embarrassing.
Come on... Someone must remember!

Disney Fool
04-29-2004, 09:51 AM
King Stephan's Banquet Hall--they served all you can eat peel and eat shrimp (huge) Yes, I remember it well....

SamanthaL
04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Disney Fool!! Help me remember! Tell me more! What do you remember about it?

Tiziminchac
04-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I remember King Stephan's Banquet Hall. But I don't remember if it was all you could eat. What I remember most was thinking it strange that Sleeping Beauty's father would open a restaurant in Cinderella's castle.:confused:

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Boy I am old if no one else has a good memory of this. I too don't understand why Sleeping Beauty's father had a Hall there. Maybe Cinderella looked up to him as a father figure since hers passed on and she offered him some rental property.

BCV23
04-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Well it was called King Stephan's for many, many years. We still call it that in my family although sometimes we call it just the castle now. But in my 1985 Official Guide, the meals served were lunch and dinner and it was menu service not all you can eat. So it was a LONG time ago that you're remembering Samantha! Unless you could have two memories combined?

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
BCV 23- What does it say about King Stephan being there?

BCV23
04-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Oops, it's King Stefan...and I should remember that because we still use glass mugs from there with his name on them! Anway, it says nothing about King Stefan being there. Sorry! Talks about quiche and a cold-vegetable salad for lunch and primerib, seafood and chicken served with vegetables and rice for dinner.

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
I guess it has finally happened. I have aged just enough where my memories aren't even real!:confused: Oh well. Call the "home" and let them know I am ready now.;)

newmousecateer
04-30-2004, 09:12 AM
I guess it has finally happened. I have aged just enough where my memories aren't even real! Oh well. Call the "home" and let them know I am ready now.

You can have the room next to mine:teeth:

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by newmousecateer
You can have the room next to mine:teeth:

Thanks! How's the food?:D

Disney Fool
04-30-2004, 09:52 AM
From what I remember--and it was a long, long time ago, Samantha. Sorry! It wasn't an all you can eat buffet--it was all you could eat peel and eat shrimp. I was a kid, and distinctly remember people raving about those shrimp!!! As for King Stefan, I don't remember him being there. I remember wondering why he had a restaurant in the castle, though. If anyone else remembers, it was around the time that the Golf Resort (later the Disney Inn and now Shades of Green) was functioning over near the Golf courses. I remember eating at both King Stefan's and the Golf resort in the same trip. See? I told you it was a long, long time ago! I'm thinking 1979-82.

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 10:01 AM
It was 1984 for me. Well I guess that settles it. I am old! I don't even remember shrimp, but i do remember so guy in a robe and septer. HMMM, maybe my dad was cold that day...:rolleyes: That would explain the robe but not the septer.

Disney Fool
04-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Disney changes things so frequently, your memories could be right. It may have been for just a short time that he was there (...or you could be remembering and confusing Old King Cole!)

jaletu2000
04-30-2004, 05:40 PM
She's right! It was King Stefan and Lady somebody presiding over a banquet. Don't know if it was all you could eat or not. Just remember looking up at the castle with the dining hall all lit up and wishing we could eat there.

Even saw the King and his lady standing by the castle once. That was in 1977! People used to line up early for this meal.

SamanthaL
04-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jaletu2000
She's right! It was King Stefan and Lady somebody presiding over a banquet. Don't know if it was all you could eat or not. Just remember looking up at the castle with the dining hall all lit up and wishing we could eat there.

Even saw the King and his lady standing by the castle once. That was in 1977! People used to line up early for this meal.

THANK YOU!!! I am so relieved!! I KNEW I remembered it. He used to give orders to everyone right?

BCV23
04-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Samantha, you are a stitch!:D Well, I guess I show MY age with that term but so be it. I'm glad your memories have been validated for you. Other than an imposing King Stefan do you remember if the food was good and what was on the buffet? Our first try there left my husband so unimpressed that he still only orders soup!:rolleyes: That was probably 1983-85 ish. But the rest of us really enjoy it these days.

Adjoining rooms in that "home" with fellow DISers would be fun. Think of the memories!:hyper:

hometech99
04-30-2004, 08:13 PM
I ate at King Stefan's several times in the 80's and 90's.
Dont rember him being there, but do remember something about shrimp

SamanthaL
05-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by BCV23
Samantha, you are a stitch!:D Well, I guess I show MY age with that term but so be it. I'm glad your memories have been validated for you. Other than an imposing King Stefan do you remember if the food was good and what was on the buffet? Our first try there left my husband so unimpressed that he still only orders soup!:rolleyes: That was probably 1983-85 ish. But the rest of us really enjoy it these days.

Adjoining rooms in that "home" with fellow DISers would be fun. Think of the memories!:hyper:

You said Stitch (gasp):eek: . I say that too!! You must be old like me!!! You don't know how glad I am that someone else remembers the silly thing! I thought I might be having an "episode". ( That's what we call them in my house).
I remember not liking the food. I really didn't like the whole experience very much. I think I had chicken. Mind you I weighed about 70 pounds, was the pickiest teen and I had just received a visit from a "friend" for the first time on that trip. Now that I think of it, how did I get bitten by the WDW bug? That trip totally sucked! :earseek:

jaletu2000
05-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Sorry but I don't know anything about him giving orders or not. Didn't ever get to eat there! But I sure did wish to.

I still haven't eaten in the castle yet. Maybe next trip. But I definitely did see King Stefan and a Lady all dressed up and ready to enter the castle. Of course that was ages ago...:o