PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Social? What do you think?

eeyore&mine
04-28-2004, 09:49 AM
My family just loves ice cream!!!! While reading some threads, people have mentioned attending the Ice Cream Social in Epcot. Can someone give me more info on this event. What is it exactly, Where is it held, and was it worth it. I might be wrong but I think I read something about characters there. Is this true? Thanks :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

CharlesandCamilla
04-28-2004, 10:08 AM
It is a character meal. I've never been but hear it is good. It's like $7 per person, adult or child. My guide book says that it's a cheap way to see characters. It is at the Garden Grill.

GADISNEYGIRL
04-28-2004, 10:35 AM
The Ice Cream Social is at the Garden Grille in the Land. (The revolving restaurant.) FANTASTIC experience for us (we were there 4/23). It will be a tradition now. Cost is $6.95 per person (not sure when they start charging for a child-DS is 2, and he did not get the same thing we did, rather a small bowl of vanilla ice cream, which was complimentary--but it was fine with him, ice cream is ice cream!). You get a large cone set on a chocolate chip cookie, with two or three scoops of vanilla (Breyer's, I'm guessing) ice cream, a couple of gummy worms and lots of sprinkles, and a piece of chocolate.

The atmosphere is great. We had PS, and were seated on the outer section of the restaurant. Each table is somewhat partitioned off, so it is more private than ANY other dining experience we've ever had at WDW. The characters come to your table, and when you're seated the server tells you to have the children sit on the outside. There are crayons on the table, and Mickey came over, sat down, and started coloring with DS. We got some great pics! The restaurant does revolve, and you get to see the scenery from Living With the Land. We thought it was fabulous. I'm guessing the inner tables can also see, because they are slightly elevated.

Characters are Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale, all dressed in farming attire. They came around 3 or 4 times while we were there (maybe 45 min or an hour).