PDA

View Full Version : Disney Transport and new Evening Extra Hours

jaysue
04-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Since I would rather not assume....

Will Disney transport be running for the extra hours evening benefit? For example, MGM closing at Midnight, MK at 1am, AK at 8pm and Epcot at Midnight....?

thanks
jaysue

seashoreCM
04-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I'd just go ahead and assume anyway.

That Disney transport will run the usual park closing service to all resorts which typically goes about an hour after closing.

Just don't straggle too far back. So long as you can be seen by the bus driver when the next to last person is boarding the bus, service won't stop with you still waiting (you may have to wait for the next bus). There may be a more precise procedure for making sure everyone has departed, coordinated by cast members throughout the park.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

JKanownik
04-28-2004, 06:40 AM
I would think the Disney transportation would have to be operating for the evening EMH or they would have many stranded and angry guests. You could always direct your question to Chip 'n Dale Express. He is a CM and a member of the boards. He seems to know much about their transportation system. He has always been helpful when we have had questions about Disney transportation.

Chip 'n Dale Express
04-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Buses will *ALWAYS* run until the park is clear of ALL guests. Same with Monorails.

However, it should be noted that Boats typically will shutdown 45-60 mins after the park closes. In that situation, alternate transportation is provided.

jaysue
04-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks all!

Looking forward to the extra evening and morning hours mix!

Cheers
jaysue

eljojo
04-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Are these the extra evening hours that you have to pay for or is this something new? Is it running all summer?

betterlatethannever
04-29-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by eljojo
Are these the extra evening hours that you have to pay for or is this something new? Is it running all summer?

It is a test run for about three weeks in May. Only one EMH at each park per week and one day per week each park is open late.

Ed