PDA

View Full Version : Santee or Florence SC: room for 5

baileybelle
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
We're driving to WDW in October from Southern Maine. We plan on leaving around 8pm on a Friday evening and driving overnight. We plan on stopping in Santee or Florence SC overnight on Saturday. How long will it take us to get there? How far are we from WDW from either location? Where can we find a room for 5? Any help will be greatly appreciated.:thewave:

Captain Hook
04-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Just returned from our big drive. We drove from Ct. to Santee in 13 hours. We stayed at Country Inn & Suites. Our suite would fit 5 and it cost $90 for the night with free cont. breakfast in the morning startting at 6 am. It was about 7 hours to WDW (stopping for lunch) from Santee.

baileybelle
04-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Captain Hook: Did you make reservations? I'm about 3 hrs north of you. Where did you stay on the way back? We plan on heading home on a wed. morning around 8 or 9. Thanks for your help.

Captain Hook
04-29-2004, 05:48 PM
We did not make ressies, but we did call a couple of hotels when we hit S.C.. It was the middle of the week so all hotels where open it was just a matter of prefferance. You can also pull into any rest stop and they will make the ressie for you, in case you want to travel further or not. On the way home we left about 9 am and stoped in Fayetteville N.C.. I wanted to go further but was to tired from driving it was about 5pm. If you need any help just pm me