PDA

View Full Version : CBR Transportation

rykdad
04-27-2004, 11:15 AM
It's now almost 30 days until our trip and I still haven't figured out how much we'll be using our car. We plan to take full advantage of the EMH mornings, so can anyone post their experiences regarding the CBR busses getting you to the parks just as EMH starts? Will this be a problem if we drive to the parks ourselves? Also, I'd like to hear about your experiences with Park Hopping, since we'll do some of that also.

Jestocost
04-27-2004, 12:54 PM
We've stayed at CBR three times and never had a rental car. EE/EMH were in place for two of those stays and we always were able to get to any of the parks in plenty of time to take advantage of the option. We usually try to get there a bit before opening, so I don't know how well it will work if you try to get there just in time. My experience has been that it is tough to rely on Disney transportation for tight timing. Better to leave a little extra time than to risk being late.

MickeysMommy
04-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Unless you want to go off WDW property you won't need your car. We have either drove to Disney or flew and rented a car and once we hit the resort and park the car we never touch it again till we leave. We have had reservations for Character Breakfasts before the parks open and we have always been able to get there via bus with no problem. But, as with everything else, every person will have different views. IMO, you don't need a car. Good Luck :)

rykdad
04-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the input. Yes, we will try to be early for the EMH openings, not "jsut in time". It's looking positive for leaving the car parked, but I welcome all other opinions, especially park-hopping experiences.

Emmyfaye
04-28-2004, 01:56 PM
We (almost!) always stay at CBR, and although we always have a car, we almost never use it when staying on site (and never use it to do Disney things!).

Our last vacation to WDW was in December 2003 - we used the bus to get to each Park, would hop back and forth between MK and EPCOT on the monorail, with no difficulty could transfer to a bus heading to MGM from the Transportation Centre, for example. Disney busses can take you back and forth to Downtown Disney, with virtually no wait either coming or going.

We did the Early Entries via bus transportation with no problems (other than trying to drag our lazy bones out of bed), and when we decided to eat at Trail's End, Fort Wilderness, we left the MK, and hopped on a boat which took us FW, after a quick stop to unload and load guests at the WL.

While we didn't do any waterparks during this last vacation, we have on other occasions, and used Disney transportation to get back and forth with no problems.

During all of our past Disney vacations at CBR, and also at PO-R, and the All-Stars, we have never had any problems with Disney transportation, other than sometimes a crowded "ride" home at the end of the day, from a Park (which could be avoided if we sat down and had an ice cream somewhere, til the worst of the crowds cleared).

If our vacation at WDW is for more than 5-6 days, then we might take a day off from the parks and go shopping at one of Orlando's malls, or perhaps go off property to eat...but that is the only time we'd use a car.:earsgirl:

rykdad
04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all your responses. It looks like I won't have to worry about driving and carrying my car keys while I'm there!