PDA

View Full Version : Jiko or Boma's and why?

devine5829
04-27-2004, 11:13 AM
People said to check these out at AKL.
Which one do you like best?
What specific food did you like?
What did the kids eat?

Magic2000
04-27-2004, 12:03 PM
We've eaten at both, and enjoyed both very much!!

Actually, Bomas is a family favorite, and a "must do" every trip!! The soups, the BBQ ribs, Zebra Domes - all are GREAT!!! There is a kids section - usually with mac n cheese, chicken tenders, french fries, etc. It is a buffet and the selection is absolutely wonderful!!!

DH and I ate at Jiko's for the first time this past Oct and we really enjoyed it!!! DD ordered off the kids menu - I'm pretty sure she got mac n cheese (but there was pizza and I think chicken tenders on the kids menu). DH and I enjoyed our meal (except for the obnoxious kid at the next table)! We would definitely go back. This restaurant is not a buffet, and is quieter than Bomas!

Both are really good; and definitely worth checking out!! Be sure to check out AKL gift shop too! Enjoy!!

madalex
04-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Jiko. Better food, great atmosphere (much more quiet and relaxing than Boma), great wine list and we don't like buffets.

Kids ate steak, pork tenderloin and macaroni and cheese (which they loved and which is the best mac & cheese I have ever had).

Jiko is our favorite restaurant at WDW.

disney queen
04-27-2004, 03:33 PM
another vote for jiko. elegant,but definitely not stuffy. wonderful food and fabulous service. enjoy:tongue:

bunnyfoo
04-27-2004, 03:35 PM
I like Jiko because the atmosphere is very relaxed :p You can't go wrong if you choose Boma though! The food there is great ... I always have to remember to save room for desserts, especially the zebra domes... yum!

Uncleromulus
04-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Jikos!!
Haven't done Boma, mostly because we don't do buffets.
You do see l kids at Jikos, so I assume there are some things on the childrens menu that are OK.
Jiko's is our second-most favorite restaurant at WDW and we make it a point to eat there each trip. Great service, nice ambiance, excellent food, fine wine list.
I can personally recommend the lamb shank--.

susy
04-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Ate at both. LOVED Jiko-probably the best restaurant we've eaten at overall (and this is based on appetizers!)......

DS had pizza. Dh and I just split a few appetizers and had some of the yummy wine!!!!

Boma is great-especially the Zebra domes, but I think you can get these at Mara.

Ron from Michigan
04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Jiko's is one of our favorite restaurants at wdw. The atmosphere is wonderful the food is great. They have the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had. We don't do that many buffets because it is to much food.

k&a&c'smom
04-28-2004, 11:26 PM
We really love Boma, but if we had to pick between the two, it would have to be Jiko. As others have stated, great food, wonderful S. African wines, excellent waitstaff. We love the pan-seared monkfish, the scallops, and the filet with gourmet mac 'n cheese! Our favorite appetizer is the Kalamata Olive Flatbread, and the Tanzanian Chocolate Purses are our favorite dessert, but we also loved the Amarula Cheesecake and the Pistachio Creme Brulee.

Happy eating!!:wave: