PDA

View Full Version : Where to Eat? Epcot?

smlev
04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
We are staying at Poly for 3 nights and plan to have dinner there the first two. Where should we eat on our last night. We thought we would go to Epcot that night and walk around and decide, is there a special recommendation anyone has?

PamNC
04-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Chefs de France and Le Cellier. See a pattern? We like French food. We also like the Garden Grille (family buffet style) at the Land Pavillion. Characters are there and the restaurant rotates above the Living with the Land Boat Ride. Delicious food!

Right outside of Epcot in the Epcot Resort Area (Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin) which is full of fun, dining and shopping. On the boardwalk we like Flying Fish. The Yacht Club has an excellent steak place - Yachtsman Steakhouse. The Dolphin has some new restuarants that we haven't tried yet - I think one of them is Blue Zoom or something like that. There is also Shulas, another great steak place at the Dolphin. For a seafood buffett - clambake style - try the Cape May Seafood Buffet at the Beach Club.

For a great burger and fries and a soda-shop atmosphere try Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

tons and tons of choices abound!

Have fun.

PamNC

Aimeedyan
04-27-2004, 11:45 AM
I highly recommend Marrakesh in Morocco! Great food, nice atmosphere, and a band and belly dancer for entertainment!

=)

nicdanh
04-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Love Canada and Japan. In Japan they cook right in front of you.

smlev
04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Can a make a PS for LAnd Pavillion? They did not mention that when I called.

CharlesandCamilla
04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
You can a PS for any place that isn't counter service.

Tiziminchac
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I'd have to second what Aimeedyan said and recommend Restaurant Marrakesh in the Moroccan pavillion. It's a really nice place with good food and atmosphere.

Aimeedyan
04-27-2004, 07:33 PM
The Land Pavillion has both a food court type area and a restaurant called The Garden Grille. You'll want to make a PS for the Garden Grille in advance if you know for sure you want to dine there... They have a character meal, I know, I'm not sure what else they offer. Check out www.allearsnet.com for info on meals, prices, etc.

If you want to just eat at the food court, you won't need a PS or anything =)

bellenbeast
04-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Morocco and Canada. The cheese soup in Canada is heaven! Also, no PS needed but the fish and chips by Rose and Crown are delicious. Have a great time!

sugermouse
04-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Listen, if you are going to WDW you HAVE TO go to Teppayaki Steak House in Epcot. It is Japanese food. The food is unbelievable! We are eating there 4 times on our next trip! You must go! I order you to go! lol. have fun::MickeyMo

iloveeeyore
04-28-2004, 09:19 AM
smlev, I see you are from NYC!

It all comes down to what kind of food you prefer. We are NY snob eaters, and have our very favorite of all types of food right nearby! When we go to WDW, we enjoy dining in restaurants that offer different experiences we cannot EASILY find in New York (OF COURSE we COULD find them if we tried hard enough! see what I mean about "snob"?) We therefore automatically avoid steak, seafood, chinese, japanese, mexican, french, ITALIAN (especially italian) and american (unless it has a catch).

Great choice to do 2 meals at Poly. Here are other "dining experiences" I recommend that are probably different than usual:

1. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco (Epcot). Delicious food, great entertainment and very moderately priced. I love the atmosphere.

2. Rose & Crown Pub for the view of IllumiNations from the patio.

3. Biergarten - I don't know about you, but we don't often go out for German; great oompah band, lots of fun, but you may have to share your table with others.

4. Garden Grill - I've never eaten here, but maybe you'd like to try a character meal?

Those are 1, 2, 3 and 4 because they are in Epcot and you mentioned Epcot. Other ideas:

1. Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, but only if you don't roll your eyes back in your head over corny jokes.

2. Boma or Jiko at AKL. You'd get to see the Lodge, which I hear is spectacular, and the food is supposed to be amazing and different. We're trying Boma in August and can't wait.

3. Any other character meal if interested - Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's.

Have fun!:sunny: Eat well!:tongue:

AreWeThereYet
04-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree with sugarmouse - we ALWAYS eat at the Teppanyaki in Japan. Lots of great, fresh food and the entire family likes it. Of course now that I said that I will say that we might not eat there this trip because we're trying to get ourselves out of the Japan rut and try something new this year...plus we have an infant this year that might make things more interesting around meal time.

Regardless - you can't go wrong with Japan!!

LuvTigger
04-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Gosh, everything in EPCOT is so great! (As you can see by all the responses!) I guess it really depends what you're looking for: certain type of food, atmosphere, something romantic, etc.

One of my favorites is Bistro de Paris in France. It's a little cozier and quieter than Chefs de France, and I thought the food was just amazing!