PDA

View Full Version : What are the most unique/special items you have had at a Disney restaurant?

lindeyspol
04-26-2004, 06:38 PM
We are trying to decide on PS for our upcoming trip. We have been several times but are looking for unique or special things that we can only find at Disney--like the peanut butter playdoh at Coral Reef, rice krispie sushi at CaGrill, white chocolate slipper dessert at 1900 Park Fare. Anything we shouldn't miss? Oh, for kids or adults. Thanks!

barbeml
04-26-2004, 08:03 PM
The pretzel bread and cheese soup at LeCellier in Canada are good.

Also, Dole Whips at Magic Kingdom.

The seafood wontons at 'Ohana are delicious, and I've never seen anything quite like them elsewhere.

Simba's Mom
04-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Pistachio creme brulee at Jilo's in AKL. Very good, not outstanding, but I'm not a big fan of creme brulee.

phillybeth
04-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Maple creme brulee at Le Cellier
Zebra domes at Boma
Citrus swirls in the MK (ok, you don't need a PS for these but you can only get them in WDW!)
Cream of mushroom soup at Kona Cafe- best ever, anywhere.

QueenOfCelts
04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
There are these cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland that make my mouth water just thinking about them............:hyper: Oh and I thought of another one but I don't know if you can get it elsewhere (i think maybe you can), in France, the Coconut Pyramid............:love:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

jiminy14
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
At 'Ohana in the Polynesian they serve a giant snowcone in a child's sand pail. It is multi-colored and comes with a sand shovel to eat it with. My DD could not finish it even with help from three adults. BTW, you can use a spoon . It's much easier than the shovel!

threeboysmom
04-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Where do you find cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland? A food I haven't tried yet!! Sounds yummy!!

MelessaG
04-27-2004, 09:35 AM
My daughter gets a big kick out of the Rainbow swirled bread they use for the pb&j sandwiches at Tusker House.

QueenOfCelts
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by threeboysmom
Where do you find cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland? A food I haven't tried yet!! Sounds yummy!!

I have only been able to find them at the cart outside Pinocchino's Village Haus. One of those junk food carts near where the big hat cart is...............:wave: Try one and say Hi to me, I normally circle like a buzzard, :rotfl:

threeboysmom
04-27-2004, 11:40 AM
QueenofCelts - THANK YOU!! I'll be on the lookout next week!

To contribute to this thread, my favorite/unique food is the KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe! Actually, ANY dessert at the Kona Cafe is awesome, but the KoKo Puffs are my personal favorite :)

kimwim8
04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Not a unique food, but the BEST I've ever had...

The last time I was at MK, there was a baked potato cart near the Hall Of Presidents (I'm pretty sure). The outside was salted & buttered & there was a huge selection of toppings (sour cream, butter, bacon, etc. etc. etc.)

My hubby & I lucked out b/c it just so happened that BOTH of the kids fell asleep in their strollers about 5 minutes before we found the potato cart, so we were able to sit & eat (and savor) our potatos without any little mooches!! ha ha

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: :wizard:

Miss Mickey Mania
04-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Rainbow swirled bread at the Crystal Palace.

Also edible 18ct gold leaf at Victoria & Alberts. It was sitting on top of a chocolate pyramid.

Louise

UKDEB
04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Great thread! I can't think of anything much to add, except to say that I would definitely make a special visit to Le Cellier for the pretzel bread - wish I could find it somewhere else, because the rest of the meal was just so-so. And I want some peanut butter Play-doh! :p

lindeyspol
04-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow, some great ideas! We have tried and loved some of these but many are new--thanks!

abitjaded
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
The cardamom flavored chocolates at Jiko (and I'm not even a choclate fiend). Grapefruit cake at MGM Brown Derrby. The crisp bread and assorted dips at Spoodles. Kungaloosh at Adventurer's club (hic!). P.S. The last time my kids ordered the PB at Tuskers it was just those yucky Stuoffer pb frozen white bread things, not the rainbow bread.

Carla

SlightlyGoofy
04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Debbie, they had the pretzel bread at the Biergarten when we were there last. Not sure if you would enjoy the food any better but it is a buffet and cheaper than Le Cellier IMHO.

SG/Linda

TwingleMum
04-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Of course the obvious is Mickey Bars!! But aside from that I remember the first time I had Cobb salad at the Brown Derby it was awesome (they in fact invented it so its always nice to try it at the originator) My Dh & I enjoyed it sooo much he made it for our Christmas Eve dinner . I also love the PB&J shake at Prime Time. And all the soups and deserts at Boma. AHHH now I'm hungry.

QueenOfCelts
04-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by TwingleMum
Of course the obvious is Mickey Bars!! But aside from that I remember the first time I had Cobb salad at the Brown Derby it was awesome (they in fact invented it so its always nice to try it at the originator) My Dh & I enjoyed it sooo much he made it for our Christmas Eve dinner . I also love the PB&J shake at Prime Time. And all the soups and deserts at Boma. AHHH now I'm hungry.

Oh yes! The Cobb Salads.........ahhhhhhh That paired up with one of their Bloody Mary's and they have a hard time getting me to leave, LOL :cloud9:

kaybird
04-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Green tea ice cream at Teppanyaki!! Wonderful, refreshing, get it EVERY trip!

New to us this year was a FABULOUS Scallops Au Gratin at Spoodles, we never go to a restaurant twice in one trip, but this time we did! Great!!

TTFN,
k

UKDEB
04-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SlightlyGoofy
Debbie, they had the pretzel bread at the Biergarten when we were there last. Not sure if you would enjoy the food any better but it is a buffet and cheaper than Le Cellier IMHO
Thanks, Linda :) . Biergarten is one we haven't tried, so maybe it's time to give it a go!

SlightlyGoofy
04-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi Debbie

I hope you enjoy the suggestion. You sit at tables with other people, which some people hate, but we have had pretty good luck in that area. Last time we had a quiet couple but we got them loosened up before we got done eating. LOL The entertainment is fun also. Sit down front and your kids will be able to interact better.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Katiebug
04-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Disney snow cones rock, but are very hard to find for some reason. We have the best luck at MGM....

The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream....

Mickey Mouse pancakes - who doesn't love those?

Mom's picnic punch (Prime Time 50's Cafe) not for kiddies (alcoholic drink w/ light up ice cubes!!!) there is a non-alcoholic version for kids too w/ sprite.

Apple Pie (Counter Service in America at Epcot) Best ever!!!! Better than Grandma's it so good.

CrazedDisFan
04-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Try the beach bomb at Ohana. :) It is a treat. :) My dad ordered it and we all laughed hysterically. A 58 year old man ordering a giant sized snocone in a sand pail struck us funny at the time. It was actually really good!!! We asked for several bowls and spoons. Dad 'shoveled' us all out a serving. :)

donnajon
04-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare.

Kitster
04-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Fresh pineapple with caramel sauce at Ohana. I must admit that the caramel sauce seems to be getting a lot thinner lately though :( It used to leave a nice thick coating on the pineapple.......now it just drips off.

KFISCHER
04-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Many, many years ago at Narcoosee's, I had alligator spread to smear on the crackers in the bread basket they brought out.

I really enjoyed it, but I don't know if they still serve it.

Penny2
04-29-2004, 07:33 PM
We love the cheese/pate board at Chefs de France. Cheeses, Sausages, Pate and greens with gherkins, etc. I make every bite different....wash it down with a cold white or a kir royale and I'm in heaven.

Teaching in NV
04-29-2004, 09:06 PM
The "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream is something you won't forget LOL .. just bring an appetite ... and about six friends!