PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Certificates At Restaurantosaurus Or Sunaulo Toran Fries??

mtblujeans
04-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Since Restaurantosaurus and Sunaulo Toran Fries are McDonald's, can you use McDonald's gift certificates at these restaurants?

I am thinking, again, of pre-paying with gift certificates....

Lisa loves Pooh
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Not sure if they do--but I don't think you would benefit from it cost wise--

The prices are certainly higher than at a regular McDonald's and as far as I know it is a 1:1 ratio on the GC purchase.

mtblujeans
04-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mtblujeans
I am thinking, again, of pre-paying with gift certificates....
I understand, however, we do not have a sales tax in Montana. That might help a little....but do they take the certificates??

Lisa loves Pooh
04-28-2004, 04:03 PM
I think when you purchase GC (at least in Fla)--there is no sales tax on the purchase...I think the only way you save is if the GC was for a specific item--like large fry or coke or something...but if it is for a dollar amount...then in florida when you purchase the gc--you pay face value adn then pay the tax at redemption-

you have a $5 gc--meal comes to $4--after tax ~$4.24 (don't know the tax at WDW so based on my county)--then your change from the GC would be $0.76

mtblujeans
07-30-2006, 11:11 PM
I found out on our trip in June that they DO NOT take McDonald's gift certificates. They are not a true McDonald's so they refuse to take them. Most of the employees working there can tell you they don't take anything from McDonald's....but they don't seem to know why.