PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Dessert

Dawnflower
04-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Has anyone heard of a white chocolate slipper dessert? I have seen pictures of them, and been told you can order them from the Park Fare bakery in GF but wondered if anyone had tasted it.

Aimeedyan
04-26-2004, 12:12 AM
I ordered some for a birthday/mothers day surprise for my mom next month. We are having lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

There are several threads about them, but they are probably very buried. You might want to do a search. I dont recall anyone saying they were bad =)

They're $8 a piece, and must be ordered in advance through the bakery. Call the GF directly and ask for the bakery... front desk won't have a clue what you're talking about, I found =)

I'll report back in may about the taste! They're white chocolate with a mousse in it, with a chocolate teardrop filled with chocolate mousse beside it =)

WANNABE@WDW
04-26-2004, 08:52 AM
They taste as good as they look! The dish has both a white chocolate slipper and a dark chocolated item ( I am not sure what to call it) We had them in January for dd's birthday at 1900 Park Fare. The kids were most impressed by the screen printed picture of the castle made out of chocolate. If we had the time on our April/May trip we would have ordered them again, but we just couldn't fit everything in on this trip. Oh well, just something to look forward on our next WDW adventure!

DisneyMomx7
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I want to order them as we are celebrating DDs birthday and having dinner at 1900 Park Fare. How far in advance do you call the bakery? Thanks.

*Flower*
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=447625

This is the link to the original thread (with pictures).

As a result of this thread, I ordered 4 glass slipper desserts to be served to DH, DB, DSIL and me at Citrico's. It was their very first trip to WDW, and DB's jaw almost hit the floor!!!

I hope that this helps.......

*Flower*
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
I forgot to say that the white chocolate glass slipper is filled with chantilly cream and topped with fresh raspberries, and the chocolate mousse boat is absolutely dreamy.......::yes::

cujochurch
04-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I called 1900 Park Faire at (407) 8242978. I had to leave a message on answering machine about getting the dessert when we eat dinner there.

He called me back and I was able to order 4 white chocolate slipper dessert for May 15 when I will be having dinner there. They are $8 each. He said there was no need to confirm just to call if I need to cancel. I did not pay upfront will pay when I pay for dinner.

DisneyFanatik
04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Can these be ordered at any WDW restaurant? We are having dinner at Cindy's and would love to order them. Is there a minimum amount to order. Does anyone know how to contact Cindy's directly?

Aimeedyan
04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Various people have been told that it is only available at the GF because of the ingredients and such... That is why we changed our dining plans to include a GF one. They are the only bakery that does them. But it never hurts to call and ask!!!!!!! =)

CamColt
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Aimeedyan
Various people have been told that it is only available at the GF because of the ingredients and such... That is why we changed our dining plans to include a GF one. They are the only bakery that does them. But it never hurts to call and ask!!!!!!! =)
Thats what we were told. Well, my mother tried getting it delivered to my birthday dinner at the Kona Cafe at the Poly. The Chef at the GF told her it cannot leave the GF due to the fact that it could go bad.

shatzjsl
04-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks for bringing this up again! I had forgotten about it. I have a PS for dinner at 1900 and want to have one for my daughter. She'll love it! How far in advance should I order? One week?

eclipseSD
04-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Are these available via room service at the GF?

Aimeedyan
04-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I would def think you can have it delivered via roomservice. You can have them served in the food court restaurant (Cant remember what its called) or the tea, as well.

I ordered mine months in advance, just to be sure. I'd call more than a week ahead, just in case. It took several tries to get ahold of someone there... I left a couple of messages but didn't hear back, and finally snagged a baker =) So you might want to start trying farther out just in case.

donnajon
04-28-2004, 12:54 AM
I called today and left a message at the GF (407-824-2978) about getting a couple for our dinner at 1900 Park Fair on May 23. We got a call back tonight saying this would be no problem at all. I was really expecting to have to wait several days for someone to call me back. Now, I just have to remember to save room for it after that delicious buffet!

lillygator
04-28-2004, 08:23 AM
I am planning DD's 2nd birthday to be at 1900 Park Fare for the princess dinner....and we will be ordering these for everyone - I can't wait. They look so beautiful!

shatzjsl
04-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Okay, I ordered it!! Called and the person who answered added it on to my PS at 1900. My daughter will be so surprised and I can't wait to dig into it. Thanks for all the information!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

DisneyMomx7
04-29-2004, 01:06 PM
I called today, but since our PS isn't until July they told me to wait until it was closer and call back. I asked if they had anything for a boy, I'm ordering the slippers for DDs, and they told me they can make a white chocolate Mickey. So I'm going to do the slippers and the white Mickey. Can't wait.

uktigger
05-01-2004, 07:43 AM
hi robyn:wave:

those white mickey ones sound great::yes:: would you be so kind and let us know what they were like or maybe some pics:D

eve::MinnieMo

DisneyMomx7
05-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Will let you know how the white chocolate mickey's turn out. Never had them but they sound like a nice alternative for a boy to the slippers. You'll have to wait until July for me though. If anybody else gets them before then, let me know too. Also they said they need at least 48 hours notice for the chocolate mickeys. I'm doing them at 1900 Park Fare but I don't know if they're available at other resorts too.

Southern4sure
05-01-2004, 10:17 AM
but I already have ps for our trip. Do you think we could do a dessert only at one of the GF rest. and have these ordered?

Thanks,

uktigger
05-01-2004, 01:20 PM
hi:wave:
so if we only need 48 hours notice i could wait untill i arrive before placing my order for this, we will be there for 4 days before i will need them::yes::
we want to order the glass slipper for my birthday dinner and it would be nice for the boys to have the white mickey

have fun eating them::yes::

eve

DisneyMomx7
05-01-2004, 01:34 PM
I was told 24 hour notice for the slippers dessert and 48 hours for the white chocolate mickey. It's my impression from other posters that the slippers are only available at GF restaurants or room service. I didn't think to ask about the mickeys.

uktigger
05-01-2004, 02:55 PM
robyn:wave:
looks like i will be eating in one of the GF restaurants,just so i can order the slipper:D maybe someone else will know about the white mickey, perhaps you can have it at chef mickeys that would be good

eve::MinnieMo

DisneyMomx7
05-01-2004, 07:06 PM
I think I'm going to start a run on the white mickeys. DS gets dragged to all the princess things and I thought the slipper dessert might just be over the edge (at least to DH). Sometimes boys get shortchanged (no Toy Story character dinners either). Maybe if the white mickeys get requested a lot I should ask Disney for a commission LOL. Hope we all enjoy the slippers and white mickeys!

TwingleMum
05-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Yummmmmy. A new dessert to try

fran99999
05-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Ok now I reallllly want one. Do they have to be pre-ordered? Is there somewhere at the GF you can just walk up and purchase? My DS is going on a pirate cruise and I will have about 3 hours to kill for him to come back.

I was thinking of eating bfast at GF. I dont see them on any of the menus.

Aimeedyan
05-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Its a secret menu item =) Most of the staff dont know what you're talking about, I mean, desk staff and such... I'm sure the waitstaff are familiar.

Its a special dessert only found on the catering menu and used for weddings and reception at WDW. You have to call the GF bakery directly to place an order in advance for them... they can only be served at the GF, but you can have it served at the tea or something.

We considered doing just dessert in order to have them, but would have felt a bit guilty for not ordering food, so we're doing lunch at the Cafe =) I have heard of others having theirs during tea, which is more affordable and would be a nice thing to do during the Pirate cruise =)

eclipseSD
05-02-2004, 12:36 AM
If this available via room service, do I just call the bakery from my hotel room and have it brought up for later, or must I call in advance for this?

DisneyMomx7
05-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Actually you don't even have to call the bakery. You can just call the restaurant where you have your PS. I called 1900 Park Fare and that's where they told me they need 24 hours for the slippers and 48 hours for the mickeys. We're going to be at HRH for 5 nights before GF so I'm going to order everything before we leave home just to be on the safe side. Who knows what other secret desserts we'll be able to find now that we know about the slippers and mickeys.