PDA

View Full Version : Ressies for 10 at Cindy's??? Is this a pipe dream?

hygienejean
04-25-2004, 12:51 PM
This October Myself and my family along with my sister and her family and our parents will be going to WDW! We would love to do Cindy's but since there will be 10 of us I am not feeling very confident about getting the PS....:( Should I even try or should we just take what we can get? I have never tried to get these but I have been reading the UG and TGM and I feel I could snag a table for 4 but for 10?????? Just don't know. Anyone out there ever do it? I just know know if I want the CM to waste precious moments searching for such a big party.

I will be having my Mom and my sister call as well on those days and maybe that will work?????? Any thoughts?:confused:

disney queen
04-25-2004, 01:13 PM
go for it! but w/a group this large, i would suggest calling dining before hand and chat w/the CM to see if you would have to go through group dining. not sure if you would, but at least you will know in advance; and, if so, be sure to ask for the phone number for group dining and what time those lines open. good luck!:tongue:

mcr5298
04-25-2004, 01:29 PM
We booked Cinderella's Royal Table for the character breakfast this past October for 10 people. We did have to go through group dining. I don't know if there is a specific number that you should call. I was connected through the regular Disney Dining number. We were split into two tables, but sat next to each other and it was fine. Good luck! :)

hygienejean
04-25-2004, 04:12 PM
I just happened to speak with Group Dining today as a matter of fact (had to change a Aloha Dinner show ressie) and I asked about the party of 10 at Cindy's. The CM said that I should call the regular number and not group sales b/c if I called group sales they would just bump me back to the original number. I think I am just going to go for it. I (plus my mom and sis) will try every morning and see what happens.

BTW, Is Chef Mickeys tough to get into? How about the other Princess breakfst at Akershus????

Thanks!!!

my3boys
04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
We had a party of 12, which ended up a party of 13 with CRT allowed. Go for it!!! Just remember to begin calling at least 5 minutes before dining opens at 7 am Eastern time at 60 ( or is it now 90 days?) out. My husband and I both call on our cells to help. You could also recruit some of your party to call - more chances of getting through. If you get through, get right to the point that you want reservations for CRT a party of 10 on such and such date. I'd keep your days flexible to try for each day of your trip as well. Lastly, if it is 90 days out that you can call, you may want to call at 92ish days out to go through the drill and know all the buttons to push when you go through the electronic operator; and you can confirm with the CM what day to actually begin calling.

Best of luck! We also had a party of 9 at the Princess Breakfast at Epcot.

bigbabyblues
04-25-2004, 08:17 PM
It is now 90 days out to make the PS for Cindy's.

Good luck!

tink2
04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Absolutely go for it! We've eaten at CRT breakfast with a party of 11 and 15. We had to split the 15 into two different ressies. DO NOT go through group dining. If they ask to transfer you insist that they don't and you get as many in as possible. We had five people calling for our days this year and the first morning 4/5 were transferred to group dining- wasting time- and none of them got the PS. I was not transferred and ended up with a choice of two times. We were going to try for every day, but ended up with the day we wanted! We also had 3 different PS- which we promptly cancelled the extras- for the morning we wanted- Thanksgiving morning. I think it depends on how good the CM is- some insisted they could not make ressies for that many people without transferring us- but we had several that could. I think it also is whoever gets through to a CM first- not necessarily the number of people. Just be sure to say your number of people and then 'or as many as possible' to ensure some get in. Good luck!!!
Sending pixie dust your way!princess:

hygienejean
04-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Now if they try to transfer me should I ask them not to? Is there anything I could say that may be able to keep me on the line? Any stategies in this case?

tink2
04-26-2004, 10:37 AM
With 10, I don't think you would be asked to be transferred. However, there are some cms who are confused on this issue- so if they do, just politely buy firmly ask that they try to make the ps themselves. If I remember correctly, the year we had 11 we were never asked to be transferred. A very nice and knowledgable cm told me this year that they should only transfer you if you have 13 or more. This is why we split the ps and we all asked for ps for 12. We ended up with two ps for 12 people and reduced one to 3- making all 15 people get in. But the cm said more than 12, so you should be fine. Just be sure to say anytime and "take it" as soon as they give you a time. A couple of our calling group had the problem with a cm asking if the time was ok and by the time they asked and the caller answered, it was "oops, that one is gone, now we can only get 8 in- is that ok, oops now we can only get 4 in....." It makes it hard to be picky when you have a group this large for Cindy's.
Good luck! princess:

Disneyglobegirl
04-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Go for it - I had to call for a party of 13 for June - there were 3 of us calling - 2 of us got transferred to group dining but that didn't hurt us at all - ALL 3 of us ended up getting a PS for 13!!!! Can you believe it?? We immediately decided which time we wanted and called back and cancelled the other 2 - I'm not sure how we all got it - but I thought for sure when I was transferred to group dining that all was lost - I about died when I found out we all got through and we all got PS's even with 2 of us getting transferred to Group Dining. My only explanation would be not everyone knows about the 90 day out rule yet or the castle will be empty that day - LOL

Have fun and good luck!!

hygienejean
04-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Thank you for the encouragement everyone! 90 day window???Bring it on!:p