PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! I made PS at PT and I hate veggies!

shatzjsl
04-24-2004, 07:28 PM
My daughter so wants to eat there so I went ahead and made PS. But, I hate and don't eat many vegetables. Corn is about my limit. Am I going to have to stand in a corner???

Aimeedyan
04-24-2004, 08:07 PM
They don't pick on everyone... we have yet to be picked on about not eating anything like that. All depends on how much you play into it, how much your server is getting into the game, etc. More times than not, you won't have anything said to you. I certainly wouldn't let that keep you from eating there, it's not like you're guaranteed ridicule. The portions are huge, adn none of us finished our entire meal last time, and I don't recall anything being said to us.

The only thing I've seen is someone "helping" a guy eat his veggies with the airplane method, but I think he was already eating them... and had just a few bites left, you know? I've also seen them stand people in teh corner for putting their elbows on the table.

Don't sweat it =)

shatzjsl
04-24-2004, 08:24 PM
THanks!

aunties
04-24-2004, 08:39 PM
"Cousin Elaine" didn't make me finish mine last week and still let me order dessert. Even if you do have to stand in the corner, being picked on is half the fun (I didn't have to stand in the corner for it). My nephew Joseph (16) and I had a blast! Cousin Elaine introduced Joseph to his "cousin John" at the next table. Cousin John went along with it by saying he hadn't seen Joseph since he was a little guy. The little boy at a nearby table warned Joseph that the soap in the bathroom was blue. Apparently, the little boy failed that question when asked if he washed his hands and was sent back to wash them. They seem to know how far they can push the guests. Have fun and go with the flow!

jiminy14
04-25-2004, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't worry about the veggies. My DD18 will not eat anything green and was very apprehensive about eating at PT. She ordered the chicken breast that came with potatoes and veggies. I asked our server if she could substitute an extra order of the mashed potatoes instead of the veggies. She told us "No problem". My DD got to eat her meal in peace and not worry about the flying airplane routine.
As a side note, we all love this restaurant and its antics but it is not for everyone. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself and definitely save room for dessert!

Jolie C
04-25-2004, 01:59 AM
You didn't learn to hide them in your napkin in childhood??? :D

pirateofthecarolinas
04-25-2004, 08:56 AM
My husband hid his green beans under his leftover mashed potatoes. I was laughing so hard I cried. My husband was serious.:p

Lori

maggiew
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm worried about the green beans too and I found out that there are a few items that do NOT come with green beans.

Maggie

Jordan's MOM
04-25-2004, 03:58 PM
I got onion rings instead of the green beans this past trip. I was warned on this board that was asking for trouble but I don't like the green beans there. I asked if I could get the onion rings instead and she said "sure, mama wants eveyone to be happy here". Onion rings were awsome and I finished off those potatos and got my desert!!

Jordans' mom