PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Steak Cut

danny1649
04-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Rib-eye,New York Strip,T-Bone,Filet,Top Sirloin,Porter House or other?I like a 32 ounce Rib-eye about 2" thick cooked medium rare.How about you?What's your favorite?What is your favorite side with your steak?MIne would a baked potato with sour cream,bacon and cheese on top.::yes:: :wave2:

Kaycee
04-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi Danny! Well, I'm not much of a meat eater, in fact I border on being a vegetarian, so I'm not much good for this question! ;) DH and both DS's are red-blooded American meat-eaters though, so I asked them. DH's favorite is filet, younger DS prefers rib eye. Older DS will eat anything that has stopped mooing :p but prefers filet if given the choice.

For sides, younger DS takes his baked potato like you described - sour cream, bacon, and cheese. Substitute butter for the sour cream, and older DS and DH will be happy.

Me? Just give me a salad, a baked potato with a little salt, and lots of bread! :cool:

N.Bailey
04-24-2004, 06:23 PM
My choice would be a filet mignon with a baked potato (must have extra butter). My husband says either a big fat porterhouse done mid rare, or a thick delmonico done the same way. He prefers sauteed mushrooms with his. Of course, he would never turn prime rib down either (does that count? LOL).

I also like a really good Ka-Bob over rice pilaf. Once the juices hit the rice, it makes the rice to die for.

CHIPSTER
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I love a good Porterhouse medium with a tomato salad!!!! And some Bernaise Sauce on the side. Like at Morton's Steakhouse. What am I having tonight - hamburgers, but I can dream!

webray
04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Rib Eye..always the best!

Then t-bone

crs7568
04-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Danny, we could be in dinner paradise together. I love the marbled, juicy cut that can only be found on a ribeye. No other cut compares. I like mine practically still mooing. The perfect side dish would have to be a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Unfortunately, these are the two items that I am compelled to load with salt.

Great question for we carnivores!

Aimeedyan
04-24-2004, 08:09 PM
FILET - only cut I'll eat. And I'm choosy about those =) I don't want anything with fat or a bone =)

I also love a loaded baked potato, minus the chives.

And a nice salad to start, with ranch croutons and cheese.

YUMMMMM

cdpa4d
04-24-2004, 08:29 PM
I would vote for the DelMonico, which is a Rib-eye cut. too me its the best!
ADP :D

Ralph&Pam
04-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I much prefer New York Strip while DW prefers filet mignon, both should be prepared medium (in steakhouse terms--warm, pink center). Baked potato with butter (I also like chives if available and lots of fresh ground pepper on my potato, but DW will have butter and a bit of salt only). A side of sauteed mushrooms or perhaps some grilled asparagus completes the dinner presentation. A suitable red wine is a must.

Ralph

SamSam
04-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Yum!
Ribeye, medium with roasted veggies (squash, onions, etc.)

2nd would be a filet, also medium.

DH's top pick is always filet, rare accompanied by baked potatoe with sour cream, butter, pepper.

Tiziminchac
04-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Ribeye! Cut thin. Medium rare. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. Stuffed mushrooms would be my prefered sidedish. Maybe some asparagus too.

Uncleromulus
04-25-2004, 06:01 AM
Porterhouse!!
You get the filet and the "regular" cut with a porterhouse.
Plus--dosen't it look like a steak should look???
And at WDW, Shulas and YSH both have excellent porterhouse steaks.

Eeyore2003
04-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Filet Mignon first, then Ribeye

Disfruits
04-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Mmmm...we just ate a Shula's Steakhouse last night, unfortunately in Indianapolis and not in Orlando! My vote is for a filet mignon, medium to medium rare (depends on the restaurant). Start with a Caesar salad with a creamy dressing and sides of asparagus and a baked potato loaded with Land 'O Lakes butter. Must have bread and butter, too! DH also prefers filet mignon and he will tell you his top three filets ever:

1) Palo's on the Disney Magic
2) California Grill
3) Shula's

Notice all are Disney related!?

SpeechGuy
04-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I love the 23 oz bone-in rib-eye with Vesuvio potatoes at Harry Carey's restaurant in Chicago, with a complimentary side of pasta. My favorite Chicago restaurant, along with Maggianos, Rosebud on Rush and Shaw's Crab House. Ah, to be in the Windy City right now!!!!:wave2:

Oh, Kay!
04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Porterhouse with creamed spinach for DH and with aspargus for me. We like to start with sliced onion and tomato.

Oh, Kay!
04-25-2004, 07:23 PM
:wave2:

Darian-Dawn
04-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I love Filet Mignot, then Prime Rib, both in-between rare and medium rare. I don't like it raw, but medium is a little too cooked for me. My favorate side is probablly a baked potato with sour cream, cheese, real bacon, and chives. I also like a caesar salad with ranch dressing, I know ranch on a caesar, what can I say!! Let's not forget the bread and the Merlot either. Every meal is a five course for me!!! Well, dinner anyway. Now I'm hungry and all I have in my purse is a slim fast bar!!!

chrisn
04-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Filet Mignon-Tenderloin. Bacon wrapped dripping in Sauteed' mushrooms. YUM!

StellaStar
04-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Filet cooked medium....with smashed potatoes (what Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse calls them)...yummy garlic-y and buttery potatoes with skins smashed right in...broccoli with butter, and of course warm bread!!!

I was getting hungry reading this thread, and I'm hungrier now thinking of my favorite meal EVER! YUM!! :p

Captain Crook
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Cowboy steak...Bone in rib-eye marinated with chimichurry sauce and glaced with garlic pepper jelly...Oh btw, I grilled one last night!
pirate: