PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Trip to CA

Goofy Dad
06-30-2001, 02:21 PM
I just found out that I will be in Glendora, California for work from Thursday 7/19 - Sunday morning 7/22.
(I was so upset that I have to go to CA and be near Disney.... Not! :D )

Saturday is all mine, and I expect to have at least one of the two evenings free. I'm flying into Ontario, and that appears to be about 35 miles from Disney.

I have had the luck on several occassions to go to California for work and have always made time to stop at Disneyland. This is my first time going since they opened DCA.

Any suggestions on what the best deal on admissions will be. It appears that the 3 day park hopper pass looks like the best buy, as I certainly want to be able to go to both parks, I can't skip Indiana Jones, but want to see DCA too. But if I can't go all three nights, it looks like the pass will expire and I might not get to go back any time soon. How long are these passes good for? I remember that the last time I went I was able to get "special" two day pass with a coupon from the Disneyland official guide, but that had to be used within a very short time.

Since I will be there for a limited time, is there anything that I should make certain that I do this time around, particularly at DCA, since I pretty much have done everything at DL. (I've also been to WDW each year for the last 4 years)

TheLionKing
06-30-2001, 04:20 PM
This is my list of "must do" at DCA....

Soarin over California
The Animation Building
California Screamin' if you like roller coasters
Grizzly River Run

I don't know much about the park hopper deals as I have an annual pass.

Of course, The Electrical Light Parade will be at DCA when you are there. It starts July 3rd.

azlaura
06-30-2001, 07:10 PM
I just got back and the hopper passes expire 2years from the first date used- I hope this helps and have a blast we did!:p

FairyGodfriend
06-30-2001, 07:39 PM
Poor Goofy Dad, having to travel to CA for work! LOL, you'll certainly have a good time at DCA. We just got back a few weeks ago and my son loved DCA. Soarin was a big hit and we went on it several times. I tried Mailboomer and it was a very exciting 30 seconds. Californis Screamin was one fast roller coaster, even though the park wasn't very crowded we still needed a fast pass and only got on once. Grizzly River Rapids is a fun ride, but you WILL get wet! Loved, absolutely loved, the Animation building and the two shows inside. Try to see both, they are worth it if you're into Disney movies and animation. The Beasts library was a fun place to hang out too. Take some time to check out GC, there's and entrance near the Grizzly River Rapids that's only for hotel guests. But, we used it several times without any problems. The Storytellars Cafe is impressive and there's a nice buffet dinner that could easily be done solo. And on the other side of GC is DD. Oh, also..there's a group that travel in a "beach wagon" and perform near the entrance to Hollywood. They were really good and it's fun to "people watch" there! Have fun!

Goofy Dad
07-02-2001, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it.

My only disappointment at this point is that I can't take my son (6) and my wife with me on this trip. My wife has tagged along on one of my trips to DL, but my son has not.

I don't think he's ready for 6+ hours in a plane with a layover.

We have done WDW the 4 years in a row, and are planning to go next May with my Mother-in-Law, Sister-in-Law and nephew, so I wouldn't say he has been deprived, but it would be more fun with my family then by myself.

I know that I'll have a blast anyway. Thanks again for all of your suggestions.