PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make my reservations - Room only?

Lambert808
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
What is the best way to make my reservations for room only? I am hoping for a deal/package later on of course ;)
On-line at Disney?
Through a Disney phone number? If so which one? I hear 2 different things referenced here - a Central location and something else? I still don't understand the difference :confused:

Thanks for any help - I would like to make our reservations for our very first trip tonight! WooHoo!!

ksc37
04-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Personally, I always call Central Reservations (CRO) to make my room only reservations. The number for this is not toll free (407 W-DISNEY), but the cancellation policies are much more flexible than that of the Walt Disney Travel Co. (the 800 number).

Through CRO, you can change/cancel your reservation up to 5 days ahead of time without penalty. But with the Walt Disney Travel Co., I think they start penalizing you 45 days before your vacation.

A lot of people use the online travel agencies (Dreams Unlimited, Small World Vacations, etc.) who will handle everything online, and many try to apply any subsequent discounts that may come out after you book. I've personally never used these because I like to be in control of the process.

Have fun planning your first trip! The planning alone will keep you entertained for months!

Lambert808
04-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Karen- Thank you so much! I am going to print out your reply as those are the 2 companies I kept hearing about and couldn't figure out if they were the same or what :crazy:
I am like you - I want control over the planning :D So no TA for us!

Thanks again! I truly appreciate it. Picking the date was the hardest thing - I thought that would not be such a big deal :hyper:

hulabird
04-22-2004, 11:07 PM
When I called in to 1-407-W-Disney, and made my ressie, they told me the cancellation policy was 5 days, so I assumed I did get CRO, but yet when they were hanging up they said Thank you for calling Walt Disney World Travel Company. I don't remember hearing CRO saying that before, but my confirmatiion came and it does say 5 days, not 45. :crazy:

SuzyQue
04-23-2004, 08:27 AM
You can book through CRO even if you called the WDTC number, most of the CMs are trained to do both. WDTC has a "room only" too, but it's called the "Basic Package" and they throw in some mini golf passes or whatnot. CRO's room only has the 5 day cancellatiion policy, WDTC's room only has the 45 day cancellation policy. I took the followinig from allearsnet.com. ~:D~

AREN'T CRO AND WDTC SEPARATE COMPANIES?
Yes and no. Seems that people are under the mistaken impression that WDTC and CRO are two separate and distinct places with separate staffs in different places. This is not the case. Everyone is in the same room at the Disney Reservation Center (DRC). Nearly every person who is in WDTC started with CRO. A CM needs to be trained in both to handle WDTC calls. This is because both CRO and WDTC draw their available resort rooms from the same Central Reservation System (CRS) program. Money is handled separately, too. In most cases, you will not be able to transfer your already paid deposit between the two companies if you change your reservation. You will have to get the old reservation cancelled and refunded while putting down a brand new deposit on the new reservation. The exception to this policy is when you have paid your deposit by check. In that instance, your deposit can be transferred between the two.