PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Question

DisneyMomx7
04-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Are the fireworks in July done at US or IOA. Am I right that you can only see the fireworks from the park, not any of the hotels. I wish Universal would send a better brochure or have a planning video. Without these boards I would be totally lost for our first trip. That and Kelly's Universal book. Thanks

webray
04-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Universal does have a planning video.

If you are talking about the 4th July fireworks..they are done above the parks and citywalk..all at the same time. A spectacular show.

Eclpz314
04-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Last July we settled in one night on those steps between the boat docks and City Walk. We (and a bunch of other "newbies") thought we had THE best seats to see the IOA fireworks and then be the first to catch a boat back to RPR. It was AFTER the disappointing "is that all" that we found out about the show being a lot of ground level fireworks and what we saw were just the few high enough above buildings and trees. HA! this year I'm staking out one of the good vantage points inside IOA....no matter how long I have to stand there! ..........and I'm also determined to see the torch lighting ceremony at RPR.........managed to miss that all 7 nights of our stay last time!

DisneyMomx7
04-22-2004, 12:14 PM
When we made our reservations at HRH I asked about a planning video and they told me they don't have them. Do you know where I could get one? Thanks

WebmasterBarry
04-22-2004, 06:10 PM
I haven't seen a planning video in a while.

JoniGirl
04-22-2004, 08:39 PM
We got a VHS video for UV from the resort we stayed at last year. Nothing impressive like the Disney video!

I haven't seen an offer online - maybe they only hand them out through certain resorts.

HTH!!

Stepharoonie!
04-23-2004, 12:11 AM
I've got to tell you, the IOA fireworks scared the bejesus outta me one night when I was driving home on I-4. Didn't know it was time for the fireworks and then all of a sudden, BOOM! Scared me.....nearly drove off of the road ;)

DisneyMomx7
04-23-2004, 09:22 AM
jonigirl,

What resort did you get the planning video from. We're staying at HRH and they told me that didn't have any. I'd love to have one to show the kids.

Tigger&Belle
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
During spring break we watched the fireworks down the path in the Jurassic Park area. We got there maybe 1/2 hour before showtime and got seats without any problem. Actually, my DH got the seats and I rode on Dueling Dragons a couple time.

The fireworks are wonderful, especially the low ones. Very unusual.

T&B

Eclpz314
04-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the tip T&B.....I can now assign "remember the best place to see the fireworks" to one of my boys. I'm taking care of all the big details so they might as well earn their keep! lol

JoniGirl
04-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
jonigirl,

What resort did you get the planning video from. We're staying at HRH and they told me that didn't have any. I'd love to have one to show the kids.

We stayed at the Liki Tiki, and the Universal Video had a flap on the front to hold the room key. We were doing Disney last summer, so we didn't even watch it until a few weeks ago.

If you can't find one - maybe I could mail this one to ya!

HTH!!

PartyofSix
04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Funny you asked this question. LOL I think i had the best view/seat in the house. I did'nt know it was time for the fireworks and my dh was out on the balcony people watching with the balcony doors open i was in the tub with the shutters open taking a bubble bath and watched the fireworks from there.LOL Try room 2663 for a tub view of the fireworks at PBH. It was so great. Of course i jumped out of the tub and grabbed the robe and went to the balcony to be with me husband to watch the rest of the show it was so great.

JoniGirl
05-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
jonigirl,

I googled it and may have found a video!!

This page http://www.freebies4ya.com/freebies/travel.asp (scroll down to Florida) claims that filling out this form http://www.universalorlando.com/globalnav/gnf.pl?url=http://www.uescape.com/vpv/ will get you a planning video for Universal.

It redirects, and there is no mention of a video on the form - so I don't know - could be an old offer. Worth a try, maybe.

HTH!