PDA

View Full Version : AP discounts -I know a CM

PamNC
04-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi there. I'm anxiously awaiting new discounts past 7/4 - particularly AP. I know a Cast Member in marketing. I'll ask her if she knows anything and I'll post back

PamNC

Kimberle
04-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Pam - could you ask her for the rest of us too? If you don't mind. We've got a concierge room booked at CR in Sept which I know they won't discount. But, we're thinking of adding a few days on at the AKL as our dd is dying to stay there.

Thanks so much!

PamNC
04-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I'll get all the info I can. She may come back and say "I can't tell you - sorry." We'll see. Or, she may not be privvy to this information but I'm going to try.

PamNC

Mercy
04-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Anxiously awaiting your reply! :flower1:

DisneyMomx7
04-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Anxiously awaiting your reply also. I feel like I'm going nuts constantly checking the boards and always feeling like I'm going to miss the codes. Thanks in advance.

momtotwinglesx4
04-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Kimberle
We've got a concierge room booked at CR in Sept which I know they won't discount.
Thanks so much!

We got an AP discount on a concierge room at the Poly this past Dec.--Christmas week, in fact! (Dec. 21 to Dec. 27)

So unless CR is different, you may be able to get a discount. I think it's just suites that are not discounted.

Bella34
04-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Another one anxiously awaiting your info :D ! We have a trip planned in November & would love to apply these great discounts I keep reading about! Thanks :wave:

Tigger&Belle
04-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by PamNC
Hi there. I'm anxiously awaiting new discounts past 7/4 - particularly AP. I know a Cast Member in marketing. I'll ask her if she knows anything and I'll post back

PamNC

You know how to keep a fool in suspense?

I'll tell you tomorrow!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

You know how to keep a captive audience!

T&B

PamNC
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Guys - I haven't heard back from my friend yet. Had to leave a message. I haven't forgotten you.

Like I said, she may or may not be able to help. But, I'm desperate and grasping for straws here...

PamNC

DisneyMomx7
04-22-2004, 12:41 PM
We're all grasping at straws. Even when I make a PS I ask the CM if they've heard anything about AP codes. I've had so many different responses from end of April to end of May I don't know anything, but I keep asking. We need them for July 20 - 25 at GF. Keep hoping. At least you're giving me a shred of hope! Thank you. I'll keep checking for your reply.

Grumpy37
04-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Kimberle
Pam - could you ask her for the rest of us too? If you don't mind. We've got a concierge room booked at CR in Sept which I know they won't discount.

I've never figured out why they discount GF concierge and Poly concierge but not concierge at the Contemporary...

:confused:

PamNC
04-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Here's what I found out from my CM friend.

They have a room only rate for FL Res coming out - also a rate for Annual Passholders. This should come out by 4/30.

There is a package offer coming - advertising starts 5/9.

I better leave it at that and not ask any more questions - I hope this helps some or most of us.

PamNC

frannn
04-22-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm waiting for Sept AP rates. It would be wonderful if the AP rates they will release extend through our dates- beginning 9/10 (with my luck, they'll end 9/9, and I'll just have to add a day!) I would love it if they release AP rates before any new package or promotion, otherwise they may skip AP holders again this year......

Tigger&Belle
04-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Pam. I guess I need to figure out my dates for sure!

T&B

jel0511
04-22-2004, 04:15 PM
GREAT work Pam!!! I'll definately be keeping an eye out now! We're checking in on July 10th, so this is VERY exciting! I'm hoping for a discount off my AAA rate!

PamNC
04-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I would figure out your dates for sure - absolutely.

My source is EXTREMELY reliable. In fact, you can bank on it. More so than the CM's we call to make ressies.

This is solid.

Plan away.

I hate to ask her stuff like this - but man am I desperate.

Not anymore - at least we know it's coming.

PamNC

susy
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm a FL Resident hoping for Labor Day Weekend codes (Sept 3-6). What are the dates???? Thanks!!!!!

AirForceRocks
04-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the update Pam - FL resident rate sounds good to me!!! :D

PamNC
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Sorry guys - she couldn't give me the exact date that the rate is good through. She did say there might be an earlier notification window. I'm not sure what that means. I better not ask her anymore ?'s - I might be pushing my luck.

I'll betcha' the dates will be about the same as they were last year.

PamNC

momtotwinglesx4
04-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the info, Pam! I'll be watching for those AP rates for sure!! :)

pam66
04-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks PamNC for the info. We are going to see the Mouse in July and this time we booked a package through Mouse For Less Travel. My travel agent told me that she had heard a rumor that the package discount could be 7 nights for the price of 5. I hope that is the package deal your friend was talking about. Thanks again for sharing with us!:tongue:

DisneyMomx7
04-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Pam, thanks so much for putting yourself out for all of us desperately seeking an AP rate. I'm waiting for July 20 - 25. I'm glad to hear APs are coming I was getting nervous it was just going to be the 7/4 or 7/5 package. Once again, thanks so much.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info Pam! We're going the first week of August on our first AP trip!!!! I can't believe I have AP's to WDW!!!

MaryKatesMom
04-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks PamNC! It was very kind of you to think of us!:wave2:

Mercy
04-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks Pam!! OK, so now with this information in hand.... I have a question.... do you need to have the AP in hand to book the room, or can you book without it as long as you have the AP at check-in??

Pam did your friend say if the package was going to be either 7/5 or 7/4? Ok, I guess I'm pushing it a little :)

mkymouse4ever
04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks Pam!

I've been crunching number's all day, making alternative choices "just in case" back up plan A, B, C, etc.... . Feel a little better now.

Guess I will go and take a swig of antacid! ;)

MKY princess:

mgilmer
04-22-2004, 08:37 PM
You only need your annual pass upon checkin.

Mike

kfkruse
04-22-2004, 09:28 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
we're so excited!!!

hookedondizney
04-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks so much PamNC.......I want another trip in the fall and I haven't even gone on this one....May 17-21 at the POLY! I had read all your reports while you were there a few mths ago and I feel like it was a great resort from your report. I can't wait to visit the Poly! Thanks for sticking yourself out on a limb for us! ;)

hulabird
04-22-2004, 10:07 PM
thanks PamNC !!!!

:)

DizBelle
04-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by PamNC
Sorry guys - she couldn't give me the exact date that the rate is good through. She did say there might be an earlier notification window. I'm not sure what that means. I better not ask her anymore ?'s - I might be pushing my luck.

I'll betcha' the dates will be about the same as they were last year.

PamNC

I'd bet that an "earlier notification window" means that they will let us know about ap rates earlier than they have in the past. I mean, I'm planning a trip in November and would like to know what my options are for that time but they haven't published them yet. So maybe they are changing their discount notification policy to allow people to plan.

She did say that the discounts will be announced by 4/30 which is only a week away.!!!

dansyr
04-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks Pam
I'll be on the lookout..............cross your fingers for me that the dates extend through the first couple of weeks of Sept.

hulabird
04-23-2004, 12:00 AM
mine are crossed and I have said a few extra prayers as well....:earsgirl:

momtotwinglesx4
04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Are AP rates (historically) released on any particular day of the week and/or time of day? Like maybe 1st thing Monday mornings, or is it just random? Not that I'd ever want to grasp at non-existant clues or anything...

Anyone keep track of this sort of valuable info?

Ratpack
04-23-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks Pam for the info. Sounds like I only have a few more days to wait on AP rates.

aesalsa
04-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Thank you so much for your effort and generosity! We are going in October, and I'm keeping my eye on the disclosure of the AP rates.

:wave2:

PamNC
04-23-2004, 09:14 AM
You guys are very welcome - I'm glad to share.

I was so afraid there would be no AP discounts given the fact that bookings are up. Thank goodness that's not the case.

I've got my room booked at the Poly already - just waiting to apply the doggone discount.

My friend said to let her know if I don't hear about the discounts by next Friday.

We'll see what happens....

PamNC

disneyjunkie
04-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Do you know if they'll continue to have discount codes? I was lucky with the codes on our last 2 trips. I hope my luck holds up for our Christmas trip.

Due to the cost of the PAP, the AP rates are not an option for us.:(

Anne MN
04-23-2004, 11:06 AM
I too am waiting for an AP discount... for Dec.

I did talk to a VERY NICE CM yesterday and I asked her about AP's and check in. What she told me is that you do not have to have an ativated to check in, just the voucher. I will let you know after the next time I call if I get the same answer.:teeth:

aesalsa
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Anne MN
I too am waiting for an AP discount... for Dec.

I did talk to a VERY NICE CM yesterday and I asked her about AP's and check in. What she told me is that you do not have to have an ativated to check in, just the voucher. I will let you know after the next time I call if I get the same answer.:teeth:

Thanks, AnneMN! I'd like to know definite answer to that, too.

:wave2:

wendylovesdisney
04-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Thank you! Someone please post as soon as they know anything!
-Wendy:Pinkbounc

MAG1630
04-23-2004, 05:12 PM
I spoke with a cm today and she said to start looking for general public rates to be advertised in paper after may 5th.

So ap and florida residents must be coming out soon.

I'm personally waiting for general public because I don't have ap and I'm not a florida res.

Boardwalk Tigger
04-23-2004, 06:40 PM
You may want to buy one AP, that's all it takes to get the room discount. You will save a bundle;)

MAG1630
04-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Boardwalk Tigger
You may want to buy one AP, that's all it takes to get the room discount. You will save a bundle;) Me and DH been really thinking about it but not sure If I'll be using it again this year after our trip in September. This will be our first time staying on concierge level (heard so many great things about concierge just had to give it a try:teeth: we are booked right now with aaa rate but the total cost of the room is still ridiculous.) So I guess it may make since if we will save more money if just one of us gets it

Boardwalk Tigger
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi Mag,

It depends on what hotel you want to stay in. The last time I booked an AP rate I saved at least $700 so spending a little more on the AP saved us so much it didn't matter if we came back. You also get to use it for dining discounts which we also used. Just a thought:)

frannn
04-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Do AP rates usually coincide with postcard dates?

hulabird
04-24-2004, 10:21 PM
I hope it doesn't, my trip is from 8/21-8/31, and I was hoping for a discount for the entire stay. I have heard from a few others that the rates could actually go through October. Hope this is true. Didn't the FTP last summer go through the end of October?

k&a&c'smom
04-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by hulabird
I hope it doesn't, my trip is from 8/21-8/31, and I was hoping for a discount for the entire stay. I have heard from a few others that the rates could actually go through October. Hope this is true. Didn't the FTP last summer go through the end of October?

hulabird, if your stay begins on a day with a code, you get to keep that code for your whole stay (unless you switch resorts on the day the rate changes, am I making that clear as mud?)

For instance, you state your stay 8/21-8/31... if the code ends on 8/28, your rate would still be the discounted rate, as long as you have one continuous res.::yes:: Or, on the other hand, if you split your stay, and your second res. started on 8/27 or earlier, you would still keep the code rate. WDW is great that way, whatever rate you check in with, you get to keep!:sunny:

GardenGirl7
04-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that I received a postcard that says the following:

"For $538* per adult (based on double occupancy), you'll get a seven or more night stay as well as our Ultimate Park Hopper Ticket that gives you admission to all four Theme Parks and more. This rate is available most nights 7/5/04 to 8/28/04. The number of packages available at this price is limited though, so be sure and book soon!"

I am also wondering if perhaps this postcard is an indication of the dates of the upcoming discounts. I would really prefer to go in September, so I hope I'm wrong.

This postcard came only a few weeks after I requested a Disney Vacation Planning Guide.

tinkerbeth
04-25-2004, 07:32 AM
What is the deal with those postcards? I have requested the planning video a couple of times and never got one...I wonder if they only send them to US addresses? Is there a code on them or do you have to show the postcard when you check in? Is that rate that you quoted from your postcard better than the AP rate will be or the Canadian at Par for anyon who has used that?

Thanks,

Beth

disneyjunkie
04-25-2004, 09:32 AM
The postcards have a pin number high lighted in blue or yellow over your name. When you call CRO you have to give them the pin number, so you can't share the code with others.

How Disney picks who gets the postcards is anyone's guess. After my first trip in August 2001, I hit the postcard jackpot. They were coming in like crazy. Of course I couldn't use any.

One of my student's mother wants to take her to Disney. She called the spanish line to get info and two weeks later she had a postcard.

We stand a better chance of getting a discount with a general code than we do with a postcard.

Mercy
04-25-2004, 10:32 AM
For those who have received the post card... it says $538 per adult, I think someone said for value resorts. I was wondering if anyone had called about the offer and got a price for adding kids.

hulabird
04-25-2004, 05:30 PM
k&a&c'smom--

Thanks for that info!!!!!! That makes me really happy!!!!
:bounce:

You learn something new every day here on the DIS.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Katmat75
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know if you booked your trip and then they come out with discount packages or something of the sort, can I adjust my reservation or am I stuck? I'm going the end of August.

hulabird
04-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Yes, you can call and have them apply the code or package to your reservation as long as there is availability. I have booked at rack rate and if and when a code comes out I will call CRO to apply it to my current ressie.

Katmat75
04-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks hulabird for the info!
matkowski family 123 days and counting!

Ratpack
04-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Anyone hear anything yet?

SnackyStacky
04-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by k&a&c'smom
hulabird, if your stay begins on a day with a code, you get to keep that code for your whole stay (unless you switch resorts on the day the rate changes, am I making that clear as mud?)

For instance, you state your stay 8/21-8/31... if the code ends on 8/28, your rate would still be the discounted rate, as long as you have one continuous res.::yes:: Or, on the other hand, if you split your stay, and your second res. started on 8/27 or earlier, you would still keep the code rate. WDW is great that way, whatever rate you check in with, you get to keep!:sunny:

I'm not sure that's the case. I know that's how it works as far as seasons go. (If you check in on the last day of value season, you keep that rate into the new season)

But I think with AP rates, you have to secure it for each night of your stay. I thought I remembered reading about people who only were able to apply it to some of their stay because other nights were sold out.

k&a&c'smom, I don't mean any offense, I've just heard conflicting reports. Does anyone know anything further?

jel0511
04-26-2004, 08:18 AM
But I think with AP rates, you have to secure it for each night of your stay. I thought I remembered reading about people who only were able to apply it to some of their stay because other nights were sold out. If you check in on the last night of AP rates, you can extend the AP rate as far as you want. As long as there is availability of course. It doesn't matter that they aren't available for those particular dates, the rate you have a check-in can be extended into another "season". I've personally done this at least twice, and never had a problem. Now, there might be availibility problems, that's a different story. If you call as soon as AP rates are released, there shouldn't be a problem.

MermaidsMom
04-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Whatever season you are in, regardless of the discount, the rate remains the same throughout your stay. The only place this is different is with the DVC, where you use your points for each day and the amounts needed can change with the seasons.

SnackyStacky
04-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the clarification! :)

betterlatethannever
04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SnackyStacky
But I think with AP rates, you have to secure it for each night of your stay. I thought I remembered reading about people who only were able to apply it to some of their stay because other nights were sold out.

I don't want to confuse things more but you are right.

Take an example. Lets say there are only 10 rooms available at the POR for an AP rate.

5 rooms are booked from 5/1 to 5/7 (leaving the 8th)
5 rooms are booked from 5/7 to 5/14

You want to book from 5/5 to 5/12. There are no rooms available at the AP rate for 5/7.

When you call for a reservation, some CMs will just tell you that there is no availability. Others will check each day. This is when you have the case you mentioned.

What I don't understand is that some DISers post that they have one ressie # and others say they have multiple #s when this happens.

Ed

SnackyStacky
04-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Okay, Ed - so it would still come down to the fact that with AP rates, your first night's rate is NOT the rate for the rest of your stay.

Oy. Maybe I'll just call and see what the official policy is.

AirForceRocks
04-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SnackyStacky
Okay, Ed - so it would still come down to the fact that with AP rates, your first night's rate is NOT the rate for the rest of your stay.

:confused: With any rate, the first night rate is the rate for the entire length of THAT reservation. If there are no AP rates available for the entire stay (because the AP rooms are all booked), you would ask for two separate reservations (requiring two separate deposits). One reservation for the AP nights, and one for the non-AP nights. Then you keep calling back and add to the AP nights as they become available.

In 1998, we were staying for 8 nights at the Fairway Villas at DI. Initially, only 4 of the 8 nights had AP availability, and they weren't together. I had 3 separate reservations - 2 nights at AP 4 nights non-AP, then 2 more nights AP. Eventually I was able to get all 8 nights on AP rates, and they combined them into one reservation.

SnackyStacky
04-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by AirForceRocks
:confused: With any rate, the first night rate is the rate for the entire length of THAT reservation. If there are no AP rates available for the entire stay (because the AP rooms are all booked), you would ask for two separate reservations (requiring two separate deposits). One reservation for the AP nights, and one for the non-AP nights. Then you keep calling back and add to the AP nights as they become available.[b]

Okay - I understand that. But to me, the way k&a&c'smom made it sound, if you were able to get an AP rate for the first night, it would simply carry through the entire reservation, whether or not all nights had an AP rate available.

AirForceRocks
04-26-2004, 02:58 PM
But to me, the way k&a&c'smom made it sound, if you were able to get an AP rate for the first night, it would simply carry through the entire reservation, whether or not all nights had an AP rate available.

I see where that confused you, I had to read it a couple of times as well! You are correct though, if there are nights available for the AP rate, it will carry through, even if it crosses over the date where the AP rate was offered.

k&a&c'smom
04-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi, All!!:wave:

Sorry for the confusion, of course, it would completely depend on availability, you could not get a room that was not available. My post was in response to hulabird, who seemed to think her discount rate would just stop at the date the AP rates ended.

I'll try to be more explicit, next time!:wave2:

Castillo Mom
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Just bumping this up in case some of you didn't read this thread. Waiting, waiting waiting........:hyper:

hulabird
04-28-2004, 10:42 AM
another bump for good luck:bounce:

keith-atl
04-28-2004, 12:20 PM
hmmm last time we waited for rates they got leaked a few days before, Im wondering if the samething will happen again.

Castillo Mom
04-28-2004, 01:46 PM
That's what I was thinking. I got a bit of a scare this morning because for some reason I couldn't get on the DIS for about 10 minutes. Thought maybe codes came out. I checked Mousesavers but there was no mention of anything so I figured the site was just busy. Anyway, guess we're still playing the waiting game.

kfkruse
04-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Is the 30th still the date???

PamNC said
Here's what I found out from my CM friend.

They have a room only rate for FL Res coming out - also a rate for Annual Passholders. This should come out by 4/30.

frannn
04-28-2004, 02:12 PM
a Disney Dollar through Paypal (that would be a lotta Mickey bars!) she will give us the scoop. I would give her 10, since the time I am wasting calling WDW on an almost daily basis is worth much more than that.

kinggoofy
04-28-2004, 02:28 PM
read my post on the "daily log thread"
the one as of 1:20 Chicago time 4/28/04.

KG

McKelly
04-28-2004, 02:38 PM
This is just a total guess, but Disney is having some type of press release on May 4th and 5th, with some type of major announcement on May 5th. Do you think new deals would come out at this time. It would go with the OT for the first week of May. Just a guess, like I said. I found the Summer Preview press release info from screamscape.com.

PamNC
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM
OP here.

Can we kill this thread - or make it stop coming up to the top. I'm only asking because I'm getting nervous that Disney eyes are on it. Don't want anyone to get in trouble. Even though I mentioned no names and nobody knows who I am...you never know.

It's my fault - I probably should have never shared the info.

I like the "Daily Call Log" thread better anyway for keeping tabs on the discounts. I never dreamed my thread would be this popular.

Thanks to all and I apologize.

Is there a way a moderator can delete it - that would be even better.

PamNC