PDA

View Full Version : Any rooms at BC overlook parking?

susy
04-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Hi! We are booked in a standard room for Memorial Day Weekend.When I fax my request should I request a room that does not overlook parking? Is there a better way to state that?

ducklite
04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
There are some rooms which you can see some less attractive views from (cars, maintenance vehicles, etc.).

I would request a lower floor, because there are landscaping buffers which hide these things quite well as long as you are on a lower floor.

You could also ask for a garden view room on the lake side.

Anne

antmaril
04-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Yes, we had a room at BC that overlooked the parking lot. We were upgraded to the concierge floor, so I couldn't really complain about the view. If I had been paying for it, I would not have been happy.

currycook
04-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Yes, you may have a room over looking parking, your request was the smart and best thing to do. Its not a for certain thing but I think they will try to help you.

MermaidsMom
04-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I think the best request you could make is to be away from the main entrance into the Beach Club. We had to move because we like to sleep late (8-8:30) and the yelling and car door slamming of people and valet attendants made this impossible. I think we had a very bad room location for that trip because I haven't heard of anyone complaining about this.

susy
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all the advice!!!!! When I made my ressies I did request NS, full balcony. The Cm did note it, but she did think I was crazy! I am hoping for a second floor, garden view, so that's what I'll request. I don't care as much about beds (full or queen, daybed...)