PDA

View Full Version : Resort touring--suggestions needed.

dpic
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
We will have 9 nights at WL this trip. One thing we have never done is tour the various resorts to see how the Disney magic is expressed with different themes. We really want to see the Poly, GF, and BC especially. To get the kids excited we thought we'd promise something kid friendly at each resort

So, I am looking for suggestions of simple, fun things to do at any of the resorts. For example, at WL I would say watch the geyser, or hit the arcade. Also, eating suggestions (snack type--good deserts!) would be very helpful.

If anyone else has done this, what are your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

XStAnt
04-21-2004, 11:03 PM
For the Poly you can book a character breakfast at 'Ohanas. (I also think there is a character breakfast at GF--is it 1900 Park Faire?). At either Poly or GF you can go at night and catch the EWP after fireworks.

At BC you can go in the late afternoon or evening and then go to the Boardwalk. Or get ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

Good luck and have fun.

LuvTigger
04-22-2004, 01:35 AM
I love to check out other resorts, and each visit I try to look at ones I've never been too before.

Another fun thing to do at WL is to ask for a Hidden Mickey Clue List at Guest Services. That'll give you a way to explore the resort further while trying to find hidden Mickeys. I also love renting boats from the marina, it really gives you a different perspective!

At BC, ditto what XStAnt said about Beaches and Cream. If you have the appetite and/or enough people to eat it, you can get the "Kitchen Sink"! I saw a family order it for their child once, and the look of surprise and awe on his face was just precious! (Apparently his parents ordered it without telling him about it in advance.)

I dont' really have any "kid-friendly" suggestions for GF, but it is just a gorgeous resort to walk around. I enjoyed lunch at the GF Cafe a lot (prices at lunch didn't seem outrageous, at least by WDW standards).

Another thing you can do is collect pressed pennies at each resort. It does get addictive, and can be expensive if you're like me and have to get every single one, but it is fun. You could buy the kids a pressed penny book and maybe limit them to one penny per resort.

I'm sure you wont' have any trouble filling your time and finding fun things to do!

jordanyosh
04-22-2004, 03:06 AM
At BC you may want to check out Beaches and Cream like everyone else has said...at the Boardwalk they have surrey bikes that the whole family can ride...it's a fun family event.

At the Poly or GF you may want to rent a couple of Water Mice and take a tour of the lake....

madalex
04-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by jordanyosh
At BC you may want to check out Beaches and Cream like everyone else has said...at the Boardwalk they have surrey bikes that the whole family can ride...it's a fun family event.

At the Poly or GF you may want to rent a couple of Water Mice and take a tour of the lake....

Surrey bikes at the Boardwalk are great fun - my kids love riding those around the lagoon (of course, that's because the adults do all the pedaling work and they just get to sit back and have fun).

The YC marina also has water mice for rental.

BC also has a sand volleyball court on the lagoon side - don't know who gets to use it (only resort guests?), but that is something to be aware of.