PDA

View Full Version : POR, whats going on????

tigger53
04-21-2004, 05:54 PM
i've heard tell on these boards that POR is scheduled for some re-hab and in fact some of it may be going on even now. i called down to WDW res. and asked some friendly questions regarding this news and got an unfriendly CM who said once or twice that there is a rumor that POR will in fact be undergoing some re-hab but it was only a rumor. i had requested magnolia terr. and said if this was one of the upcoming re-hab rooms could it be noted that we were willing to stay anywhere as long as it was in the riverside of the resort. there was a lot of hemming and hauling and i got nowhere with him. i asked was it possible for us to show up for our stay and find we didn't have a room at POR, again ring around the rosey answers. so whats going on??? will we be switched to some other resort if the re-hab takes place during our stay? how can you not know if your resort is going to undergo some changes and pass it along to the guest so alternate arrangements can be made in advance?:confused:

chloe2827
04-21-2004, 07:05 PM
We stayed at POR last month and they have definately started renovations. At that time all of Oak Manor was closed. We had originally requested that building and the cast member at check in confirmed it was closed for rehab. I heard they won't close the entire resort, only closing some buildings at a time.

Other than the signs in front of Oak Manor we couldn't even tell anything was being done. All of the food court stations were open and the boats to DTD were still running. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you will have a great trip.

tigger53
04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
chloe2827, thanks for the reassurance. i'm worried i'll show up and find they put us at another resort or something. we love POR and have been very much looking forward to staying there this summer.

dixielander
04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
The bright side is that maybe they will have a nice refurbished building for you to stay in!

I'll be there soon, and I'll be requesting AB, but we've stayed in the mansions, and they were nice.

POR is so beautiful, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I will be posting a nice long trip report when I get back on May 29th, and I'll let everyone know how it was.

So far, everyone who has been there has not noticed any "problems" or noise from the rehabs. So far, I think that it's only been Oak Manor that has closed.