PDA

View Full Version : Resort With Teens...

disneygirl21
04-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey guys! Which resort (in your opinion) would be best for teens and their family?

kramer_clan
04-21-2004, 03:57 PM
I voted on your poll, but will explain my choice here. I chose the Beach Club--Yacht Club would do to. I have a 15 year old, 17 year old and a 25 year old. When we go to Disney, being in the Boardwalk area is their cup of tea. They can have a lot of freedom. Also, the pool at the Beach and Yacht Club is the best on property.

You won't be disappointed in this choice. You will probably see many people post the same response.

Good Luck and happy planning.

Vicki

luvmarypoppins
04-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Well our all time favorite is the poly for DS 16,14 and 12. They like the volcano slide the best. But lately we have been staying at the swan. We get a govt. disc. and I am trying to get the best value for the money. Now since they change the mouseboat rental age to 16 and liscensed drivers only I think other 2 ds would be chomping at the bit. The poly has great bus and boat transp. and 24 hour snacks at captain cooks and refillable mugs. My ds like the arcade challenge. Its only offered 2 days a week for like 1 hour of free video games with resort id. At the swan they can boat or bus themselves anywhere. There is tubbis at the dolphin for snacks. You dont have that option at y and b. and at the swan they have the huge grotto pool, water volleyball, basketball , I dont know about tennis, and they have beach volleyball too. So there are many more resort options there and yes we do still feel magical. The only thing we are still trying to work out is spending money due to the non park charging.

luvmarypoppins
04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Well our all time favorite is the poly for DS 16,14 and 12. They like the volcano slide the best. But lately we have been staying at the swan. We get a govt. disc. and I am trying to get the best value for the money. Now since they change the mouseboat rental age to 16 and liscensed drivers only I think other 2 ds would be chomping at the bit. The poly has great bus and boat transp. and 24 hour snacks at captain cooks and refillable mugs. My ds like the arcade challenge. Its only offered 2 days a week for like 1 hour of free video games with resort id. At the swan they can boat or bus themselves anywhere. There is tubbis at the dolphin for snacks. You dont have that option at y and b. and at the swan they have the huge grotto pool, water volleyball, basketball , I dont know about tennis, and they have beach volleyball too. So there are many more resort options there and yes we do still feel magical. The only thing we are still trying to work out is spending money due to the non park charging. They can also just walk over to the boardwalk too and explore everything there. So I feel we may end up there on our next trip too.

DisneyGirle4Life
04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Well wow its kind of funny looking at this because i amde it when i was 13 and i am almost 16 lol. Actually when i made this screen name i was 12 tryin to act all old and cool hehe.

Anyway..........

In my opinion i owuld have to say Beach club for Luxry. It so much fun i mean the pool is cool and everything.. a little overated no offense to anyone. I lvoe the sand i think its fun. Also there are volleyball courts and its nice ot walk around the boardwalk in that loop early morning. I do it in my pjs hehe.

Port orleans French quarter i believe (no dixie landings) is my favorite moderate. I like the dragon tongue slide lol. Plus it holds a special place in my hear because it was our first hotel we stayed at.

My favorite value is all stars movie but its looking like its going to change when we go to disney this summer i cant wait to stay at pop century. It looks totally awsome.

Tiki Fans
04-21-2004, 09:13 PM
I was a teen when I went to WDW for the first time and we stayed at whats now the French Quarter but it was Dixie Landings when we went. I loved it there just because it was a relaxing evironment to get back to. It helped that I wasn't the only teen on the trip with me but it was a very comfortable place to stay. I hope you have a good time on your trip! I'm going in August and I can't wait!!!

LSchrow
04-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by luvmarypoppins
...My ds like the arcade challenge. Its only offered 2 days a week for like 1 hour of free video games with resort id.

i never heard of this, but it looks VERY interesting...........do you have any more info?
TY!! :D

luvmarypoppins
04-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Unless they changed it you just show up to moana mickeys at the poly on like a sun. or a wed from like 3-4, I am not sure of the times, it would be in the newspaper in your poly room. Show them your resort id and you get free video games for 1 hour. Nothing like the candy game etc. that gives a prize. Only video games.

momtotwinglesx4
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
My dd16's favorite park is Epcot-World Showcase. So her favorite resort is any she can walk to/from Epcot, i.e. Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, BWI. If your teen's fav. park is MK, then I'd say any of the monorail resorts, or if they like DTD, then I'd go w/ POR/FQ (boat to dtd). If you feel you can allow your teen to come and go on their own (within reasonable limits), then this close proximity will allow them some independence.

Sue