PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose between Oct and Nov?

mommyseven
04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
If work and school schedules were not an issue, would you choose to go in mid-Oct or mid-Nov (considering crowds, weather, swimming abilities, etc.)? and why?

Thanks!

ILoveWDW2003
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
November - it's value season, crowds are less, and the weather is just slightly cooler.

coliebird
04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
I would pick November for the same reasons ILoveWDW2003 stated. That being said I am going in October next year b/c I want to do MNSSHP.

LuAnimal
04-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I usually go the first week of November especially for the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. My 5 yo dd gets to see the fireworks and I can have some adult food and wine.

Lu

lovesdumbo
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping to convince DH to do Nov this year so that we can buy AP's and use them for our planned Oct 05 trip.

First week in Nov is known as "Jersey Week" because lots of kids from NJ don't have school. I thought we'd try full week before Thanksgiving. BUT...maybe I'll try Veteran's Day week-Food & Wine Fest will still be there and my DD will miss one less day of Kindergarten and I will miss 1 less day of work.

crazyforgoofy
04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
For both Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP! And I get to do it with my sister, mom, cousin and friends ~ an all girl, all fun trip!

kc26
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
I would pick Nov. Great weather. I go everyyear during this season.

confal1
04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
I like the 2nd week of Nov. Crowds are manageable, Jersey Week and Super Soap weekend are over and best of all they start putting up Christmas decorations. When we stayed at the BC 2 years ago we went to sleep one night and when we woke up they had put up a huge tree in the lobby and lights and garland were everywhere. Have fun.

DisneyGirle4Life
04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Our favorite time to go was durring October. It is not crowded at all and the weather is perfect!

SB in KY
04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
I'd vote for mid-november...substantially lower crowds, slightly cooler weather...my absolute favorite week to go is the week before Thanksgiving week....super weather, end of the Food and Wine Festival, Xmas decorations going up everywhere and best of all the place is close to deserted...just doesn't get much better!!

Grumpy37
04-21-2004, 07:20 PM
I think the best months are April, October and November. However...

It was COLD last Thanksgiving when we went. Too cold for swimming, almost too cold for golf, my wife the Floridian tried to warn me but do you think I packed any warm clothes? Of course not, after all I was going to sunny Florida. :eek:

GailT
04-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Novemeber for me, can't be the weather, it's value season, crowds arent to bad and I love the week of the food an wine festivel. :D

summerrluvv
04-21-2004, 08:46 PM
We have been in October twice and this past year was so crowded it was awful. We like MNSSHP, but after last year's crowds, we aren't doing it again. We are going in November this year and I think we will enjoy it much more than October!