PDA

View Full Version : Which deluxe resort to enjoy week of Thanksgiving?

missypie
04-21-2004, 10:29 AM
I was thinking that the year we go to WDW we'll buy APs then make another trip to the World within the year. The kids always have the whole week of Thanksgiving off, but I've heard that the crowds get more incredible every year. My thought would be to go to the parks for a few hours at rope drop every day that week, but then spend the rest of the time enjoying an on-site resort.

Which resort would have the most to do in late November? Ft. Wilderness seems neat, but transportation seems to be an issue. AKL?

Any suggestions?

takara
04-21-2004, 12:27 PM
We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge over the Thanksgiving week and it was beautiful! We also stayed at Fort Wilderness the week following Thanksgiving and have found more activites there than maybe AKL. Transportation wasn't as bad a nightmare that we thought it was going to be. I guess it's a matter of preference :)

DisOrBust
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
For us its where I can get an AP rate, lol!

susy
04-21-2004, 04:18 PM
We did the WL and had a great time. The decorations were amazing and there was so much to do there. I am hoping to go back this year, but I will wait for discounts. Last year we ended up paying rack.