PDA

View Full Version : BC Conceirge or One Bedroom Villa

MaryKatesMom
04-21-2004, 05:51 AM
I've booked a trip for a BC studio the last week of August. My parents are now considering joining me making 5 in the room. I'm considering either a move up to CL or a one bedroom. I have an AP.

Which would you choose?

Which is more likely to see a AP rate?

TIA!:wave:

jel0511
04-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Since you'll have 5 in the room, you don't have a choice. The room occupancy for a one bedroom villa is 4 people, plus one under 3. Since you'll have 5, you'll have to stay at BC concierge, since they allow 5 people over the age of 3 in the room.

MaryKatesMom
04-21-2004, 06:48 AM
My youngest is under three.

I'm wondering if more room is a better alternative to readily available food (not prepared by me;) )

jel0511
04-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Personally, I've stayed both concierge and in one bedroom villas and the space in the one bedroom villa can't be beat. The only problem I could see is that you'll have adults sleeping on a pull-out in the living room. The bedding is a king in the master and a pull-out queen in the living room. It is not the most comfortable of beds, IMO and I personally wouldn't want to sleep on the pull-out. We're only 4, and I bring air mattresses for my two kids to sleep on, since I think the pull-outs are unsafe with little ones around. Our first stay in a DVC unit, my DD, walked into the pulled out bed and cut herself up pretty good. Since then we don't pull them out, and the kids sleep on the floor. They're happy there and with the airmattresses, I know they are comfortable. Based on the fact you'll have a lot of adults, I'd go the the concierge room. Everyone will have a true bed, and the one bedroom doesn't buy much privacy, just more space.

Edited to add: You also have a MUCH better chance getting an AP rate on a concierge room than a one bedroom. AP or any type of discount for that matter, are very rare and hard to obtain at the DVC resorts, especially BCV. BCV is a VERY popular resort with DVC members, and is usually booked to capacity with DVC members. That leaves very little space for WDW to rent out to cash customers regardless of discounts.

MaryKatesMom
04-21-2004, 09:44 AM
jel0511Your solid advice was much appreciated!! I called to change my reservation to BC CL. In fact I asked about the AAA discount and it was available for CL but only a BWI had any availablity. I had never used the discount for room only before and didn't think to ask when I made the original reservation.

I didn't help that ********** is running a super cheerleading thread on CL. I shouldn't have read it!!

Thank you again. You really gave some thought into what would work better for my family. I'll be sure to toast you from the lounge!

jel0511
04-21-2004, 12:05 PM
FANTASTIC!!! enjoy your stay!!!!