PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness

outstandinfarmer
04-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Has anyone stayed in a cabin at Fort Wilderness? I'm thinking about staying there in December. It sleeps six and seems pretty reasonable. I'm just curious how it compares to the other resorts and how nice it is there.

outstandinfarmer
04-21-2004, 02:48 AM
:D :D

Whitegloves
04-21-2004, 03:19 AM
We tried the FW cabins last summer for a night we had added on to our trip. We were pleasantly surprised. They are very nice. We normally get two connecting rooms so we did miss the extra bathroom. The next time we stay, we want to take better advantage of the full kitchen.
Have fun!
Smiles,
Diane =0)

sweet maxine
04-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Good Morning!

We love the campgrounds. My kids love renting the golf carts and I just really think it has such a "laid-back" ambience. I am looking forward to watching the fireworks from the beach. I think you will find there is room to spread out as there is also a deck with a picnic table and grill. Maybe one day we'll "move up" and stay at the Poly or WL, but for now my family really loves Ft. Wilderness!

outstandinfarmer
04-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Tell me. Do you think that a delux resort with all that it offers or a Fort Wilderness cabin is better?

sweet maxine
04-21-2004, 08:32 PM
If you are looking for all the amenities that a deluxe resort has to offer, and that is what will make your family happy, go for that. If you enjoy the outdoors, and love the fresh air, then FW is for you. It all depends on what it takes to make everyone happy. Just remember that FW is very spread out, and you may not be happy with the bus system there. It never was a problem for us. We rented a golf cart and took it to the bus stop near the main office and to the Trails End stop where we caught the boat to MK. I would say look at the pros and cons of each, then decide. You can't go wrong either way. At least I hope not-- I wouldn't want to sway anyone one way, and it ends up they are miserable with my advice. It's just my opinion, not gospel.