PDA

View Full Version : Need help where to Stay???

daboyzmom
04-20-2004, 09:48 PM
First disney trip with twin boys 4 yrs old. Where will they have the most fun and where will I get ther most for my dollar. Not on a tight budget but dont want to spent a fortune Please as much info as possible, Need all input Planning Aug 13 - 20, 04

Katiebug
04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi,

I vote All Star Movies - especially if they like Toy Story. Or second choice would be All Star Sports.

Jennifer

marcyinPA
04-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Our first choice is the FW cabins! My boys (3 & 7 at the time) loved them when we stayed in them 2 years ago. They were disappointed that we aren't staying in one again this trip, but we were trying to save some $$.

I really can't say enough about the cabins. The location is AWESOME. FW is a great respite from the craziness of the parks. It is quiet and serene. The cabins themselves are really cool. One bedroom with a double bed and bunks, a living room/dining room/kitchen area and the kitchen has full-sized appliances. It is well stocked with pots/pans, dishes, utensils, etc. This makes it easy to prepare meals and save on that end. The living room has a murphy bed that pulls down from the wall and that also sleeps 2. There is one bathroom, and the cabins have heat/central air.

There is a ton to do at FW...pony rides, petting zoo, Campfire program, Hoop De doo...etc.

When we stayed there, we got a code rate of somewhere around $180/night.

las3888
04-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Well, it all depends on what you think you'll be doing while you're down there. With 4 year old twins, you might spend more time at the MK, so you might consider CR - wing rooms. The CR wings are a great deal if you can get in with a discount code. The advantage is that you can stay on the monorail for about the same price of WL or AKL. Kids love the monorail zooming through the CR and you can walk to MK from some garden rooms. There is a really nice pool area and tons of water activities available. It might be an all around convenient and affordable solution for you. Good luck with your decision!

woody5
04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
With twin four year olds I would stay close to the MK. I would suggest the WL. Even though it is not on the monorail it is a short ride to the MK. It is a smaller resort, by Disney standards, and it has a nice pool. We felt very relaxed when we would return to the WL. It just seemed cool and calm on a hot August afternoon. The CM's were great here and Roaring Forks was great. If codes come out for August you might be able to book a standard room for around $130 per night. That is what we got a couple of years ago and was offered about the same this summer in June. Your boys will love any of the resorts but the All Stars are a little too loud and hectic for us.

myboysmom
04-21-2004, 11:40 AM
We just stayed at All Star Movies the week prior to Easter. We did not find them to be loud or overly busy- and believe me the parks were busy!

We were in the Toy Story section. I think if you were in a section close to the pool- the Fantasia section- you might find it different (and get to pay more for it as well).

My two boys are 10 and 5. They loved it. We swam everyday in the pool, other wise we used the resort only for sleeping. We got a great rate and had lots of fun and would go back in a minute. The value resorts are big on kids. I think you would find any of the value resorts to be fun for kids, and easier on the pocketbook too :)

xmatt0926x
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
my first suggestion would be the Wilderness Lodge. Its the absolute best hotel on property and is also the cheapest deluxe. All 3 of you will be in awe of the lobby and the surroundings. Plus, you have the boat to magic kingdom and fort wilderness which has the petting zoo and the best buffet on the planet. My second choice is caribbean beach resort just because the scenery of the place is colorful and full of energy which will appeal to your kids. Go for the Wilderness Lodge!! You'll never forget that trip.