PDA

View Full Version : Poly November 6 -11

perkins
04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, we are thinking of staying at the Poly (last DW vist was 16 years ago) from November 6 -11. We may bring our 9 year old nephew.

Is that time of year "quiet"?

Thinking about Concierge - Garden vs Lagoon. Is the lagoon worth the extra $$$

When is the latest I should make reservations?

We stayed at the Poly with a lagoon view (don't think there was concierge then) in April 1988 on our honeymoon.
Believe it or not Delta Dream Vacation cost a total of $850!
That included air for 2, 7 nights, car, passes and 2 meals! Yikes!

Thanks for any info you may have! :earsboy:

k&a&c'smom
04-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Welcome, perkins!! - You have chosen one of the "quietest" times of the year!! Crowds pick up the week prior to Thanksgiving.

DD and I just returned from Poly LV concierge, and we loved it!!::yes:: The view of the castle was gorgeous, we were on the second floor, and although there is no balcony on the second floor, you can open the sliding door for looking around, taking pictures, soaking up the atmosphere! IMO, the view was worth the $$$, and especially if you haven't been in a while, and want a special trip. But, everybody is different, and the GV rooms are wonderful, too.

Not sure about the time-frame for making res., you should usually book as soon as you are sure of your dates for the best chance at getting what you want. That being said, I have booked a trip 5 weeks in advance during the slow periods, and gotten what I wanted. If you have your heart set on something, though, I wouldn't take that chance. Book as soon as possible.

You are going to love your visit to the Poly - everytime we stay there, it feels like home!! Good luck, and happy planning!!:wave2:

polyman
04-23-2004, 02:38 PM
We stayed at the Polynesian the same time period last year. I wouldn't say it was quiet, but certainly not over-crowded. There is something called "Jersey Week", that brings people from NJ to WDW over the Veterans Day holiday. There was also Super Soap Weekend, that had stars from the ABC soaps at MGM on Sat/Sun.

We stayed LVC, and loved it. The view of the castle is spectacular. We were on the 3rd floor, with a balcony. It is so convenient to get up in the morning and stroll down to the lounge for breakfast. Last year, they also had bottled water available all day, which they have since discontinued.

When we return next year, it's LVC all the way.

Glory Days
04-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Just to let you know about "Jersey week" , many years our teacher convention falls the same week as Veteran's day and with all the days off in one week, many people take off to Disney for that week. This year our convention starts on Nov. 4th, back to school on Monday, then off again on the 11th. Airlines are booking up here from the 3rd to 8th, so maybe the time will get spread out a little more. There tend to be a lot of Jersey people down there that first week of November. Wish I was going to be one of them!:earsgirl: