PDA

View Full Version : whats everyones favorite disney resort?

soccercruiser87
04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
hey i was just wondering what everyones favorite disney resort is, im not too sure what mine would be because they are all good. But i liked pop century a lot. whats everyones favorite?

marksor
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Okay, I'll go first. It's the Boardwalk because of its theme, the ambience of the Boardwalk itself, the many different dining and entertainment options within it and its unbeatable location- walking distance to two theme parks and four other resorts.

Tiffany
04-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by soccercruiser87
hey i was just wondering what everyones favorite disney resort is, im not too sure what mine would be because they are all good. But i liked pop century a lot. whats everyones favorite?

Ours is AKL staying Concierge. The two best trips we have had to WDW. Don't get me wrong I do not think that we have ever had a bad trip. I just cannot put the feeling we have when we stay there into words.

BCV23
04-20-2004, 08:25 PM
The Polynesian is our favorite. I've lost count of our stays there...need to count them up again...but we've been going since 1983 and it is still the most magical for us.:boat: ::yes::

paladin
04-20-2004, 08:27 PM
We love the BWV - specifically a one-bedroom. The location can't be beat and my husband just loves the jacuzzi.

goin2disneyagain
04-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Our absolute favorite is AKL. We are headed back there again next month. :)

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

luvmk
04-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Our favorite is AKL:) We stayed there two visits ago and now I can't get the kids to stay anywhere else!

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

dbail2
04-20-2004, 09:27 PM
My favorite resort for atmosphere is the Poly. We love the romantic grounds and being on the beach at night watching the fireworks and electric water pagent. The deserts at the Kona cafe are wonderful. The watermice are so much fun to rent and take out on the lake. They have a fun pool and everyone says aloha....

My other favorite is the BWI for convenience to Epcot just a short walk away. The restaurants are right there for a bite to eat anytime. Great Bakery for breakfast and snacks anytime of day and evening. Their pool is also alot of fun. MGM is just a boatride away.

disneygirl21
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Grand Floridian! I absolutely love the Contemporary, but the Grand Floridian puts an elegant feel on a casual and magical vacation.

Skywalker
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Yacht Club, all the way!

WIDisneyFan
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
The Polynesian is our favorite, for us it is everything that Disney Magic is meant to be. From the location, the lush vegitation, the easy access to the parks, and just the wonderful feeling we get when we are there. :earsboy:

Gary M
04-20-2004, 11:43 PM
We have stayed at GF, WL, AKL, BWI, Poly and DL and the WL is our favorite followed closely by the GF.

sugermouse
04-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Swan/Dolphin, can't beat the location!!!!!!

theresaruth
04-25-2004, 01:35 AM
My favorite resort was the Swan, the location is the best until I stepped foot on the property of the Wilderness Lodge, it took my breath away and now I am hooked. I absolutely love the WL. Although the location of the Swan is great I love the theme of the WL. Looking forward to my vacation in Sept. where we are will be staying at WL...:Pinkbounc

dopeyears
04-25-2004, 05:44 AM
I've stayed at the WL 4th floor (engagement) and on the concierge level (honeymoon) and would not trade the experience the WL concierge level offers you. When we go back the WL 7th floor is where we are headed.:bounce: ::yes::

jillwdw
04-25-2004, 06:14 AM
We love the WL. It takes my breath away just thinking about it! I can't wait to step into that lobby again! I do think the AKL is spectacular but we have never stayed there, just visited. We can't seem to break away from "home" at the Lodge.
:sunny:

cinmell
04-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Contemporary ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

crazy4wdw
04-25-2004, 07:53 AM
Beach Club

wdwfan
04-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Our favorite is the Boardwalk Inn.:hyper: My kids love the keister roller coaster pool and we love the theming and location. Yacht Club runs a very close second. :D

Pooh67_68
04-25-2004, 10:46 AM
POFQ ::yes::

WDW LifeLong Fan
04-25-2004, 10:46 AM
The Poly....my very first resort a LONG time ago:rolleyes: remains my favorite today!::yes::

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

kramer_clan
04-25-2004, 10:58 AM
If I had a choice to stay anywhere at WDW, Polynesian would be my first choice.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is a close second.

I have stayed in every resort on property except for Yacht and/or Beach Club, Coronado Springs and Pop Century (new) and these two resorts are my absolute favorite.

Vicki

johnvree
04-25-2004, 11:07 AM
The Polynesian, hands down.

Great location, great atmosphere, great food, great transportation options and really cheap.

OK, so it's not so cheap. But it's still our favority.

WIDisneyFan
04-25-2004, 03:13 PM
The polynesian - for us it is what Disney Magic is - everything about it from the location, to the theme makes it perfect :earsboy:

hyzdufan
04-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Port Orleans Resort - Both FQ and R

theSurlyMermaid
04-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Boardwalk Inn!!!

Excitement, great theming, great food. Can't be beat!

littlestar
04-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Wilderness Lodge/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - Calgon take me away!

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
04-25-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think I could have a bad stay at any of the Disney Resorts. I eventually want to stay at all of them, but I've only stayed at 3 so far.

We visited WL once and I thought, Wow, this is beautiful, but I don't think I ever need to stay there. Well, we were planning a trip, and the only resort left with the discount was WL.

HA! WE ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE! I mean, off the wall in love with this place. And I don't even understand it. The Beach Club is more my style and I don't always like the transportation options at WL. Nevertheless, there it is.

But that doesn't change the fact that I want to try them all. :teeth:

tigger53
04-25-2004, 06:47 PM
port orleans riverside for us.:cool:

MissMouse21
04-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Definitely the Wilderness Lodge Concierge level! We had stayed at POR quite a few times. Then our last trip we stayed at the WL with an upgrade to concierge, and we have fallen in love with it!! The CMs are genuinely nice people, and went out of their way to make our stay great. I can't wait to go back!!!

niks81
04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Okay, I'll go first. It's the Boardwalk because of its theme, the ambience of the Boardwalk itself, the many different dining and entertainment options within it and its unbeatable location- walking distance to two theme parks and four other resorts.

Totally my answer as well. You took the words right out of my mouth! ;)

http://209.241.189.77/diznite/images/boardwalk/ESPN_thru_Spoodles.jpg

We like to try all the resorts so we're always at a different place. But Boardwalk is it for me :cloud9:

Stitch Inside
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
So far, our favorite has been Wilderness Lodge. But once we've stayed at them all we may change our opinion.:smooth:

MAGICinMYHEART
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
WELCOME HOME TO WL & VILLAS:
<center>http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/media/resortPix/WL_front5.jpg</center>
<center>Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort</center>

DizneeCM
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Old Key West! The villas are great - large, quiet, and bright. The whole resort is very laid back. You can enjoy a day at the pools and just relax. Views are all beautiful.

milmore104
04-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Hands down AKL. You have everything you need there. My family loves it there! We love the 3 rest. the pool, the childrens activites, and of course THE ANIMALS!!! I just love that were at WDW but for the day you want to spend at the hotel it is just a nice relaxing place w/ a LOT of atmoshere!

lenshanem
04-26-2004, 03:13 PM
So far out of the places we've stayed at -

AKL then WL :)
We also liked liked PO French Quarter, but it has been awhile...

Danauk
04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
My favourite is the Beach Club (especially the Beach Club Villas.) I love the atmosphere, location and Stormalong Bay. Plus I love the villas as they are huge!!

OnTheRocks
04-26-2004, 07:17 PM
My fav is definately the Wilderness Lodge. The theming and the quite location on bay lake is great.

I think any WDW is great. Wanting to see AKL and BW.

keith-atl
04-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by soccercruiser87

As of right now I would say Wilderness Lodge but we are trying to stay at them all and then decide which one we will call home.