PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stay at an Allstar Resort after CRS?

tweetie
04-20-2004, 06:50 AM
We were there over Easter and I really wasn't impressed with CRS, has anyone stayed at an Allstar Resort after staying there or a different mod.? Could you please give me your opinions both pros and cons.

Thanks

EmmasGrammy
04-20-2004, 07:47 AM
tweetie,

I did it the other way around. All Stars first, then CSR. What did you not like about the CSR? I can't really say I hated the All Stars (we stayed in the Music) but I felt like the decor was SCREAMING at me. There were also a bunch of high school groups staying there at the same time and they added to the loudness and rowdiness. It was just too hard to get our kids down from the "Disney high" and get them to sleep. We found the CSR so calming and a great place to unwind after a day in the parks. Please share what you didn't like about the CSR.

tweetie
04-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I didn't find that they were that friendly and also the food court was terrible. The busses took along time. Don't get me wrong the resort itself was beautiful, but I would just rather stay some place different. I don't think we will go back to that resort.

goofymom/pop
04-20-2004, 09:07 AM
a few years ago we split our stay between the ASSports and CSR..although the rooms were bigger at CSR I liked the sports hotel better for a number of reasons......

Food court set up
Location of the main pool...way too far at CSR
More family oriented at sports

That said now that my son is older I would probably stay at CSR again as it is more laid back. But I would still not use the food court, I would bring in breakfast goodies, and eat at the pool grill.

You won't be disappointed at the Value resorts.
Try PC if you want to avoid the school groups. They are not supposed to be booking them there.

Katmat75
04-23-2004, 09:15 PM
::MickeyMo

Allstar is the worst place I've ever stayed. The food court was horrible and filthy dirty. There was never enough chairs to sit in.
I stayed there August 2003 and wanted to transfer to another place but money was a little tight last year. So we stuck it out.

My husband smokes and they didnt have enough ashtrays so they gave him a cup with water in it. We used it in the morning and when we came back it was still sitting at the table outside of the food court. DISCUSTING!!!!

We're going again this August and we're staying at CBR. I really like this place.

Good luck.

shelleybell
04-23-2004, 09:44 PM
We did POR our first trip and AS Sports our second trip. I cant say that I didnt like Sports, but I hope I dont have to stay there again. It just seemed to busy for us, food court, pool, bus stops, check in, etc. POR is so easy going, and relaxing. We chose to stay there this time even though the discount was not as good as what we could have gotten at FQ.Going to WL for the first time this trip also. Im hoping I dont fall in love with it, as it was a strech on the ol' pursestrings!:p
jmho
shelleybell

webray
04-24-2004, 06:21 AM
We have stayed at all of the moderates and wouldn't stay again.

We have stayed at the all stars dozens of times..along with most of the deluxe resorts. We would choose the all stars before ever choosing a moderate again.

(we usually stay at the sports..but have stayed in the music also)
The food in the food court at the sports...the made to order pastas are wonderful, the carved meats in the evening with the yukon gold mashed potatoes and veggies are just like homemade, delicious. The burgers are great, the sandwiches great.

The breakfast platter at the all stars had real potatoes..at the POR..they had those fake, frozen type potatoes. At CSR..while the food in the food court looked and smelled delicious..we have tried a sampling of many of the items..both while staying there, and just dropping by...nothing was all that good..definately not worth staying there for.

Also..the all stars...laid out very well, no matter what building you are in, you are no more than a few minute walk from all the action. At the moderates..ugh...you have to walk forever, or drive to the action. Not convenient at all.

I vote..go to the all stars!

Enjoy!

tar heel
04-24-2004, 06:57 AM
We split our trip between AS Sports and CSR last summer and have also stayed at CBR and POR. We like all the moderates much better than AS, but our priorities are probably different from yours. A better pool is very important to us as we like the slides and hot tub. The AS pools don't have that, and when we were there both pools were extremely crowded. We rarely eat at the food court (eat breakfast in the room, lunch at parks, dinner at Epcot or another resort), so that isn't an issue. We also had lousy transporation at AS, but apparently that is not usually the case.

Charleston Zurg
04-24-2004, 01:04 PM
We have stayed at POFQ, POR, and CBR. Then we stayed at Music. Music is smaller, and the pool is not as nice, and not much variety at Music food court. However, you have to remember it is a value resort. we base on where we stay on how long we at going to be at WDW. Four night or longer we stay at a Mod or Deluxe. I don't mind the value, we are not in our room that much. Day before Easter we were gone at 8:00 AM and back at 1:00 AM Sunday morning.

As far as the transportation we drive or own car so we do not use the bus system. The pool did seem crowded, but it was April, so we expected it. We did visit the pools POLY and CSR they were not as crowded.::MickeyMo

CaptnHook
04-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Katmat75
My husband smokes and they didnt have enough ashtrays so they gave him a cup with water in it. We used it in the morning and when we came back it was still sitting at the table outside of the food court. DISCUSTING!!!!

Your right that was DISCUSTING !!! Why didn't your husband throw his garbage away?

Katmat75
04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Because I never had to empty ashtrays anywhere else we've stayed. Don't they have cleaning people there. I know they do at CBR and other resorts.

Rafikifan
04-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I didn't even know that they had a smoking section in the food court. I learn something new every day. Not trying to flame you, but your dh didn't have an ashtray, he had a cup of water that he put his cigarette in. To me that qualifies as trash. Maybe at Pepper Market since they charge a gratuity for their food court they clean up the tables but at other food courts and counter service places they have trash cans everywhere so you can dump your own trash and then all they have to do is clean the tops of the tables. Just my opinion.

CamColt
04-24-2004, 05:23 PM
We stayed at DXL(POR) twice and really enjoyed it there. We liked the hotel, and thought it was very nice. Then we stayed at ASMO and LOVED it! The theming is sooooo Disney for our young kids. They definitely prefer a giant Buzz Lightyear over nice landscaping. We found the bus service to be a little better at ASMO and we preferred how the resort wasnt as spread out. AT DXL we felt like we were walking forever to get to our room from the main building. The only thing we really preferred at DXL was the lounge with Bob the piano player, however with 2 small kids, unfortunately thats not top priority. ;)
After staying at a moderate then a value, Id have a hard time going back to a moderate, but I think Im in the minority.

Breezy_Carol
04-24-2004, 07:47 PM
This is the order I have stayed at the resorts. Contemporary, Poly, Dixie Landings, All Star Sports, and, most recently, All Star Movies. (Can you see a trend here.) My least favorite was the Contemporary. My most favorite was Dixie. But for the money, I have to stick with the All Stars.

I am sorry some of you had bad experiences there but we have always had a pleasant time. I like the food courts and never had a problem with them. You can have bad neighbors where ever you stay. (We stayed off property once and had a group of cloggers there practicing in the hallways.)

Katmat75
04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I guess you could say that the cup was trash and I really could have thrown it away but I was just so discusted that they were even using a cup with water in it for an ashtray. The biggest thing that got me was an episode that happened with a teenager and her mother with a group of guys sitting next to me. The language that was used was embarassing to be heard in front of my kids who were sitting at the tabel with my husband and I. Security finally came. But I've never had that happen at any of the other resorts. I just had a really bad experience there. We were going to move but like some of you guyssay, you're not in your room that much so we stayed.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by this. I just found out about this web site and I absolutely love it. I'm learning alot of things from you people out there. Thanks for all of the info. Keep it coming.

MomofKatie
04-25-2004, 10:20 PM
DM, DD3, and I stayed at CSR June 2002 (my first on-site experience). My mom had a convention there, so we tagged along for free. Thought it was nice, beautiful landscaping, great food court and shop, HOWEVER was a bit disappointed with the lack of that "Disney feel". IMO, the resort just didn't seem to convey the feeling of Disney fun and magic. Also, the pool area was WAAAY far away from the rest of the resort amenities.

Haven't been to AllStar yet- going in Nov. We are paying for this stay ourselves, so we went with the least expensive resort possible. Just from looking at pictures and reading posts, I am getting excited about the resort! Staying at ASMo Fantasia section. I'll have to reserve judgement, but for now I think I'll like ASMo better.

Besides, we don't plan on being in our room very much, anyway. So, honestly, I'm all for spending as little as possible on the resort (as long as it is on-site) and enjoying the parks more. Especially since we only have three days, and we are touring commando-style!!