PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather spend more nights at a Value or less nights at a deluxe?

Kristentheangel
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Quick question, would you rather spend seven or eight nights at a value or spend five nights in a del?? Travelling with DBF and 3 yr old daughter. Thanks in advance..

goodferry
04-19-2004, 07:40 PM
That really depends on what you will be doing. We tend to spend more time at the mk, so I would take 5 days at the Poly with the monorail over 8 at a value.

christianweecare
04-19-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd take the value deal!

disneyjunkie
04-19-2004, 07:45 PM
During our trips we spend most of our time in the parks. We use the room as a place to sleep and shower.

I'd rather have a long trip and stay in a value. The money I save on the room can then be used for other things.

I'm thinking of adding parasailing and the dinner shows to our next trip.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

disneyjunkie
sorry

disneyjunkie
:confused:

disneyjunkie
:confused:

disneyjunkie
04-19-2004, 07:53 PM
:eek:

*Fantasia*
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Staying in Disney and spending more time with Mickey is better than not spending enough time in Disney and with Mickey. I choose value anytime! :)

Mercy
04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow...disneyjunkie feels so strongly about staying at a value, they posted 5 times! :earseek:

Seriously, though I think I would agree, I would rather stay longer in a value.

bstnsportsfan
04-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Last year my girlfriend and I stayed at a Value hotel for 3 night and this year we are staying at AKL for 2 nights. I'd rather stay at a nicer hotel for less nights BUT I also live in S. Fl. Orlando, although a vacation isn't like some people that spend hundreds of $$$ on plane and car rental. If I lived far away from Orlando, I would rather spend less on hotel and stay in sunny florida longer. Hope that makes sense!

Jenn Lynn
04-19-2004, 08:36 PM
We have a 3 year old also have have chosen the Deluxe (GF) for the monorail.

DH wanted to do ASMo, but I don't think he realizes how much he would hate lugging the stroller on the busses all of the time! I know I would! LOL! :)

Castillo Mom
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
I'd rather wait until I can afford to stay at a deluxe or moderate at the very least, which is what we did. We've been planning this trip technically since 2001 but booked in 2002. Since this is our first trip, we wanted to splurge. Follow up trips may be a different story however. BC here we come!

Tigger&Belle
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mercy
Wow...disneyjunkie feels so strongly about staying at a value, they posted 5 times! :earseek:

Seriously, though I think I would agree, I would rather stay longer in a value.

My computer burped recently and I had a triple post. Funny when it happens, but I'm not sure what triggered mine. I tried to delete mine, but "wasn't allowed to", for some reason.

T&B

bigbabyblues
04-19-2004, 10:01 PM
This is exactly our reason for chosing ASMo for our trip; we could stay 5 nights at a moderate or 6 nights at a value for about the same amt of $$, so a value it is. This is assuming we will pay rack rates, but I'd rather have a longer trip. Of course, as another poster said, it depends on where you're coming from. We'll be flying from Ohio, and this will be our only trip for at least 2 years, maybe 3. So....

Steph

Kristentheangel
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the input. We won't be bringing a stroller, so I'm not so worried about the transportation but we'll have to see what specials come out for Sept. I havent ever stayed in a Value but, at this point..we're just going to have fun in the parks..not for the resorts.. I'm really thinking WL at this point...and just splurging for the 7 nights... We'll see when the codes come...
Pixie Dust to yours

Pooh67_68
04-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Longer trip of course. ::yes::

goodferry
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
I would reconsider not bringing a stroller::yes:: Last trip my five year old son rode in a stroller and he NEVER does at home, he refuses, but all the walking is soooo exhausting for a little one:wave2:

Jockaroo
04-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Since we will be staying for 12 nights this trip--VALUE all the way. It is just the two of us and the accomodations are fine. I won't deny that I wish we could get the Swan again this year (for the location and comfy beds), but we have to renew the APs this year. We've stayed at all resort levels and honestly, I don't use the "perks" from the more expensive ones, so they don't matter that much to me.

diznee25
04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
We'd go the 8 nights at value, if these were our only choices. Because we fly from Colorado, our first day and last day of vacation are eaten because they are "flying days."

This means in your senerio of 5 nights at a Deluxe, that we'd only get 4 park days. Not enough for us!!

But if you offered the "secret choice" of splitting the nights between hotels, then I'd do this instead. Still go out for 8 nights: 5 nights at Value and 3 nights at Deluxe.

Diznee25

stemikger
04-20-2004, 01:16 AM
I would definitely stay at a value resort. After all your'e still in Disney.

:earsboy:

susy
04-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Okay, I 'll disagree. We stayed at WL in Nov for five nights and it was wonderful!!! Did all four parks and had lots of down time (this was Thanksgiving weekend). The most I would stay at a value is two nights. I think I would go stir crazy after much longer than that.

FloridaCat
04-20-2004, 08:30 AM
I would elect more nights at WL, a short boat ride to MK. Small resort, less then 800 rooms, less to contend with in the food court, great restuarents. Another plus is a short bot ride to Ft. Widerness with all kinds of activities.

JKanownik
04-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I would go with the longer trip at a value resort. It can be very difficult to do everything you want to do in 5 days. With 8 days, you will be able to take your time and see most everything. Plus, you will have a better chance of being able to reschedule something if it is cancelled due to rain. Your 3 year old will probably appreciate the values more anyway because of the theming, especially at ASMo. What child does not want to see a life size characters?

We have never stayed in a deluxe for that exact reason. We can stay much longer at a value and be able to experience more of the World. I just can't justify spending more money on a deluxe for less time at WDW. I'm sure one day we will split our stay between 1 night at a deluxe and the rest at a value. But for now, the values work just fine for us.

Good luck in making your decision. Either way you will have a magical time! :wizard:

CEDmom
04-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Hands down less nights in a deluxe. For us we enjoy the amenities of our resort almost as much as we enjoy the parks. Maybe when DD is older and we're spending much less time at our resort I might opt for a moderate but probably not.

mariamouse
04-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Ditto what CEDMom said... I enjoy the resort as much as the parks (if not more), so I'd rather go less often for a shorter amount of time. This way, fewer trips are more special to me than a lot of trips with less significance.

mariamouse :smooth:

The Princess
04-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Value for me!!

DisneyGirl83
04-20-2004, 02:11 PM
I would definitely rather stay at a value longer than have a shorter deluxe trip...If I can spend 10 days instead of 6 I'd say PC or ASsp here I come...

jodiemckenna
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. After staying at all resort types I would go for the shortest stay and stay at a Deluxe resort. I guess the biggest reason for me is the monorail system. We just got back from staying at the Grand Floridian and having that monorail was sooo nice.

WDW LifeLong Fan
04-20-2004, 02:24 PM
::yes::

First of all.....welcome jodiemckenna!

We would choose the Deluxe. We are able to visit frequently and there are some days we never venture to a park. We love to use the pools and sit on our patio/balcony and "soak" in the Disney Deluxe Resort Feel!

Either way....enjoy! ::yes::

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

MEM
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
I would split the difference and stay at a Moderate! The value resorts just don't work for me - I don't get a good night's sleep and I never seem to be able to unwind. DH and my kids can sleep anywhere but if Mama ain't happy...

If a moderate were not an option then I would pick a shorter deluxe stay over a longer value resort stay. I would then live like a miser for a few months and add a few days to the deluxe!

Dopey's twin Dippy
04-20-2004, 09:43 PM
we would def. stay at a Value. thats what we do anyways. we are usually always in the park most of the day. although we do go in summer now in August, so we go early ,back to swim and have lunch then back to the parks. we staty usually 8 - 9 nts. we have a GREAT TIME at the all stars. i def. would do value and stay longer. the food court is great , kids can get anything you can think of to eat. go you will have a great trip..... i cant wait to go back this summer

Katiebug
04-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi,

I would stay at the value so I could be there longer, but then I would never leave if they didn't make me!

This year we are splitting our stay. 3 nts at all star movies and 4 nights at Coronado Springs. They are both booked w/ a discount code. So, we are getting 4 nights at a Moderate for what we would have paid for all 7 at the Value.

In the past we have stayed offsite to make our stay longer - when we weren't able to get a discount thru disney.

Jennifer

Grumpy37
04-21-2004, 09:03 AM
5 days at a deluxe (but only on the monorail or by Epcot).

We go often enough that we would much rather go to WDW for five days, go to the parks for maybe 3 days and spend a couple of days relaxing around the very nice deluxe resorts.

missmickey
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

purplebelle
04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Hands down, stay at a moderate for longer. I've never stayed at a Value resort, but I'd pick it if it meant staying at Disney longer!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

trracers
04-21-2004, 04:15 PM
We splurged last year (well, kind of, we did the pay for 4 stay for 7) and stayed at WL. It was beautiful and nice and fun, but the whole time my DD5 kept saying..."Mom...WHY didn't we stay at the hotel with Buzz and Woodie?!?". Go figure. She enjoyed the slide at the pool at WL, but not enough that I would spend the extra money.

I vote EIGHT DAYS in VALUE...

wannabee princess
04-21-2004, 06:03 PM
I like the compromise of moderate for 6-7 nights! However, if I had to choose between the 5/deluxe or 8/value I would go for the 5/deluxe.