View Full Version : HHI during March Spring Break 2005-chances at 7 mos?

Simba's Mom
04-18-2004, 10:35 PM
What are our chances of getting ressies for a 1 BR during Spring Break 2005 (3/13-3/18)? It's a little early for the big "beach" season, but it is Saint Patrick's Day, college spring break lots of places, and 1-2 weeks before Easter. Also, there aren't too many 1 BRs there. We already made plane reservations for HHI for Spring Break 2005-that's because frequent flier miles were available, and they rarely are (and airfare's usually up around $400 from here). So now we sit and hope for pixie dust come August, when I can call and reserve. What do y'all think my chances are?

04-18-2004, 10:45 PM
I think your chances are pretty good!

We got HHI this March @ the 7 month window. We were there March 21st through the 27th. We had a 2 bedroom which there are more of.

Just wait and see if you can get the 1 bedroom. If not reserve a 2 bedroom (as long as you don't have to borrow points, etc.) then waitlist for a 1 bedroom. Or reserve a studio and waitlist for the 1 bedroom.

I don't think you will have any problem for mid-March @ the 7 month window.

Good luck!

04-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Don't even think of trying to take my room! Just kidding. We want to try and book at the 7 month window as well, but we want a 2 bedroom. I have even been kicking around the idea of a reservation swap on the rent board. I thought that since we have BCV pints, someone from HH may want to try and get in the BCV next spring. Well, good luck.

04-18-2004, 10:59 PM
We got a 2 bedroom during March spring break last you---no problem. BUT we wanted a studio or 1 bedroom; those were not available.

So the 2 bedrooms are not hard to get, the others are not as easy, but I do know a family that got a 1 bedroom during that week at the 7 month window, so it is possible.


04-19-2004, 07:30 AM
We were able to get a grand villa just 2 months out this year. We went March 13-19. Were on a waiting list and she said probably would never come through and a week later they called me. We did have a 2 bedroom booked just in case (and booked that 2 months out also). Don't forget your green for St. Pat's day!

04-19-2004, 08:03 AM
I just reserved a Grand Villa for June 6 five nights last week.

04-19-2004, 09:04 AM
It's good to know that there are more 2 BR than 1 BR. We were going to try for a 2 BR anyway because the point difference is so small but I'm glad to know that it will actually increase our chances. We're also 7 month people and I'm hoping for April 2005. I'm just curious, does anyone know how many GV's there are. We've never stayed in one because they seem rare at all the resorts (esp. Vero?). Are there more in HHI?

Simba's Mom
04-19-2004, 09:25 AM
According to Doc's statistics, there are 5 GV at HHI. And to whoever mentioned reserving a 2 BR Villa, Thanks. That's what we'll do if we can't get a 1 BR-then waitlist for a 1 BR. It wouldn't mean we'd have to borrow points (I don't THINK), and it would still be "cheaper" than cancelling our flight because we have no place to stay.

04-19-2004, 05:38 PM
I wonder which would be harder -- the last week in March or Thanksgiving week? We were looking at either for our 1st HHI trip -- kinda had our hopes set on the March 2005 trip, in a 2br, and as we're BWV owners we too are looking at the 7 mos window...