PDA

View Full Version : Need Info On Contemporary

confuzedblaze
04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
:crazy: I NEED INFO ON THE CONTEMPORARY RESORT. my family is going to the contemprary on the 18th-25th of june. i would like as much info as [possible. :cool: :bounce: :bounce: :sunny: :tongue: :wave2: :earseek:

KBFinFan
04-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Here are some good places to start:

Contemporary Information Thread on DIS (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=417291)

www.allears.net (http://www.allears.net) is good as well, and there is a L O A D of information besides just information about the resorts.

I'm sure some CR experts will chime in w/ some more great information, but this is a start!

GoingtoWDWagain
04-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Hi, I just returned from our stay at the Contemporary. What would you like to know? I stood in the North Wing and after staying there, I would have preferred staying in the tower. I have a toddler and it would have made things a little easier. This was my first time at the Contemporary and we really enjoyed our stay. Having the marina and so many water sports to choose from was great. The pool was very nice and my DD loved the slide. Having the beach right next to the pool was another plus. Also, the fireworks from Wishes can be seen so close from the marina and as soon as the fireworks end the water parade begins :teeth: . It was so nice to see both one after the other and not have to wait. I took my little ones in PJ's and then head back to our room, a great way to end the day. The arcade is another plus and the kids love that they can get prizes and play games while you eat in the food court. The food court food was pretty good and Chef Mickey's for breakfast was well worth it. The Concourse Steakhouse gives huge portions of food and very yummy as well. If you like onion soup then the Five onion soup is a must at the Concourse Steakhouse. Room service was great as well.

Hope this helps. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Enjoy and have a safe trip!

dg39
04-19-2004, 06:47 AM
We go every year during July and stay at the CR tower. Its our favorite resort. Very close to the park, great shops, great restaurants, and super staff. Nice pool area, although IMHO, I think the grounds need a make over. The rooms are alittle larger then the other resorts, which is another plus. The balcony is a must for us. We always request the bay lake view and are able to watch the water parade every night while having a drink and relaxing on it. During the day its fun to watch the people hanging out near the pool or the boats going by. We go during the rainy season and I love to sit on the balcony during the afternoon when it pours for 1/2 hr. or so. Last summer we changed our routine from staying at the CR and chose the GF main building for the trip. While it was a beautiful resort and we did love it, we missed the CR. After going there for so many years it feels like home to us. My dd loves the arcade room there and while she's "spending" lots of $$ enjoying herself, I'll have one of their delicous iced coffees. The snack bar is pretty good too, they have a large choice of salads, fries(which are my favorite) and there burgers are good too. Lots of action in the CR... You'll love it there....Have loads of fun