PDA

View Full Version : The Cubs Den @ Wilderness Lodge

TooBoyz4us
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Hoping to get some feedback regarding the Cub's Den at Wilderness Lodge.

DH and I are thinking of letting our boys (ages 10 & 11) stay there for a few hours during one night of our vacation, so that we can have a nice, quiet adult dinner.
I read somewhere that we can use one of their magical wishes for up to 6 hours at a children's club, and that it includes supper for them.

My questions are :
Will a 10 & 11 yr old be comfortable there? I know it is for ages 3-12, but are there normally just younger children present?
What exact activities do they have to keep the kids busy?

Thanks!
Chris

figment95
04-18-2004, 06:05 PM
My kids are 7 and 9 (I know they are younger than yours). They love the Cubs Den. I have seen kids of all ages there. They have computers and video games for the older kids and the staff couldn't be nicer. My kids ask us to have a grown-up night out so they can go. They usually have an open house in the afternoon so you can go and see what it's like and meet the staff.

TooBoyz4us
04-18-2004, 09:12 PM
THANKYOUfigment95!!!

I will probably go ahead and plan our evening as if the boys will be going to Cubs Den.If it turns out they don't like it after the open house--then we can change things.
How far in advance do I need to make the reservations for them?Is it something I do when making our PS's or do we make them once we check into WL ?

~Chris

Nolcrest
04-18-2004, 09:28 PM
We haven't used the Cub's Den in a few years but my kids loved it when they did go. I remember making a PS for them in advance but you can probably do it at check in. We also went and looked around the place one afternoon. The staff was great, you carried a "beeper" (this might not be true any longer with updated technology) with you in case they needed to get in touch with you. My kids ate dinner there and at the time they had someone come in with animals and they showed the kids the different animals. Oh - what a nice memory. Wish my kids were still young enough to use the Cubs Den. Your kids will love it.

GoofysPrincess
04-18-2004, 11:21 PM
We used it too and our kids were very disappointed they didn't get to go back. We were there in the off-season and our kids (4 of them) were the only ones there -- not sure if you'd need to reserve in advance at other times or not. We did ours the same day. Our kids ranged from 3 to 8 -- the staff seemed very attune to how to interact with the different ages.