PDA

View Full Version : fam of 5 at POR

Tiffany
04-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi,

My husband and I are vetern WDW travelers. We are going to be traveling to WDW with friends of ours and their three children, 15DS, 13DD and 8DS. Is my understanding that the only moderate that sleeps five is POR the AB section? If that is correct do they charge the extra $15 a night for the trundle if all of the kids are under 18yrs?

I hope this question makes sense. I am hoping to be able to book two rooms with my AP one for my husband and I and one for them. Is this doable? I have read that you can book up to three rooms on one AP. Is this correct? I have never booked more then one room at a time.

The time from of this trip is for the Saturday before Thanksgiving through the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2005.

SuzyQue
04-18-2004, 04:00 PM
I believe if there are more than 4 in the room, no matter what age, you will be charged for the trundle. And yes you are allowed to book up to 3 rooms with the AP, the Annual Pass must be in the same name as the person whose name appears on the reservation. ~:D~

BrerMama
04-18-2004, 05:06 PM
We have 3 children, our oldest is 9. We had to pay the extra trundle charge for POR because we'll have 5 in the room. BTW, the only way 5 can stay in the room is if at least one of the children is under 9, so your friend's family will be cutting it close. Have a great trip!

Tiffany
04-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BrerMama
We have 3 children, our oldest is 9. We had to pay the extra trundle charge for POR because we'll have 5 in the room. BTW, the only way 5 can stay in the room is if at least one of the children is under 9, so your friend's family will be cutting it close. Have a great trip!

Wow! I have never heard of the 9yrs requirement before. All of the guides books just indicate that the trudle can hold a small adult or a child no one every mentioned an age requirement before. Thanks for the heard up. Their youngest will definetly be 8yrs at the time of the trip as long as we keep to the Nov 2005 date.

disdreams
04-18-2004, 06:09 PM
My family of 5 stayed at POR in the mansions, but our youngest was given one of those foldaway cribs (at no charge), but now that she is no longer considered a toddler, they said we have to stay in the AB section and pay for the trudle.

eljojo
04-18-2004, 07:13 PM
We paid for the trundle and the kids didn't like it(said it was uncomfortable) , so it was a waste of money. They ended up sleeping 3 in a bed (ages 10, 7, 7) which was crowded and they were all little skinny things!

3PRINCESSMOM
04-18-2004, 08:35 PM
If not, then why not book 3 rooms at PC? Your friend's family would be able to spread out into 2 adjoining rooms, you could be close by (next door) in the third. With a decent AP rate, this option could actually be as economical when you consider the added $15 charge at POR. I am fully aware of the sacrifices you make for a value vs. a mod. If those things are important, then by all means stay with POR. I just wanted to mention this as an option. And since Pop is brand new, now may be the time to give it a try.

tassie42
04-18-2004, 08:40 PM
We stayed in AB a few weeks ago and had asked for a crib for my 2 year old. well this was really her first time away from home and she refused to stay in the crib! hopping up and down screaming! so we had to get the trundle bed. Its there except for the matress . you have to ask for the matress and thats when they charge you. Anyway the trundle was right by the door and I felt uncomfortable with the baby sleeping by the door so my dh slept on it! she slept on the bed with me and my two other kids slept on the other bed.

My dh was such a good sport! he never complained about the bed I just assumed it was comfy. He said he didn't mind sleeping there cause then he could use his booklight without bothering anyone. :)

Tiffany
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 3PRINCESSMOM
If not, then why not book 3 rooms at PC? Your friend's family would be able to spread out into 2 adjoining rooms, you could be close by (next door) in the third. With a decent AP rate, this option could actually be as economical when you consider the added $15 charge at POR. I am fully aware of the sacrifices you make for a value vs. a mod. If those things are important, then by all means stay with POR. I just wanted to mention this as an option. And since Pop is brand new, now may be the time to give it a try.

They stayed at the All Stars years ago when they just had the two older ones they were both under five at the time and did not like it. My husband and I walked around POP back in Jan and I just do not care of the value resorts any longer. Thanks for the idea though.

pygmymom
04-20-2004, 12:22 AM
The age 9 requirement for the trundles must either be brand new or depends on what CM is making your reservation for you. We have always stayed at POR, and I made our original reservations for June 2004 there as well (codes came out and I switched to CR). My DD's are now 11, 14 and 17 and the oldest one has always slept on the trundle. It does help that she's short, but I've never been told no because of age.

Just passing along my experience. Hope you get it all worked out and have a magical trip!