PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Cabins... Help us Plan!!!!

disneygirl21
04-18-2004, 01:52 PM
My best friend and I want to stay at Fort Wilderness in the cabins in April 2005.
How are the cabins? The food? The service? The convenience? Is it clean?

SB in KY
04-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Cabins are great if you want to be off the beaten path and have more room. I would NOT suggest them if you do not have a car. Although bus service at Ft Wilderness is better than it used to be...I still think it is slow and cumbersome. The cabins are super for families on a budget that want the kitchen and extra room. The CM's there are very nice, mousekeeping is great and they have always been neat and clean when we stayed there...but if it was just me and a friend...I would opt for something else....you could get a room at any of the moderates and some of the deluxes for about the same price or less and you might get a studio at OKW, Saratoga Springs or Boardwalk for about the same price.

Do whatever works for you...but for 2 adults it would not be my first pick.

fam4jc
04-18-2004, 03:04 PM
May I ask why you are choosing the cabins? We have stayed there and they are very nice for families. A kitchen, bedroom and a murphy bed in the living area. They even have a little grill. I agree that it wouldn't be my first choice for two adults. They are not like rustic cabins as the name suggests. They are single wide trailers. We didn't have any problems at all with transportation from there. If we knew more of what type of room you were looking for we could make some suggestions.
I will tell you this, anyplace you stay in WDW will be wonderful:sunny: How many nights? You could split your stay get two experiences:teeth:
Anyway, I'm sure we would all be happy to help you.:teeth:

disneygirl21
04-18-2004, 04:01 PM
We are staying there in April 2005 with her family or my family. We are not sure which family yet, but there will be four or five of us. We are choosing the cabins for budget, convenience, and we like the "wilderness" theme.

FloridaCat
04-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Here is a link to FTW. It will get you started with rates and featurers.

edcrbnsoul
04-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I've been several times one time with my entire family 15 in total we loved it, it's like a hotel room with out being attached to the hotel, TV, kitchen, phones, maid service being able to go outside on your deck.

disneygirl21
04-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys. But how is the food? Is transporting over to the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, and GF a good idea for more dining option?

scanmom
04-18-2004, 09:06 PM
is great! it is all you can eat and is the best fried chicken I have eaten....plus some other choices. It is a bargain at about 10-12 $ per adult. You can eat in the cabin since you have a full kitchen, but the cabins are not particularly convienient to any other resort, or theme park for that matter. I think it feels like staying off site, but you do get EE and all the other benifits of being on site. We have since stayed at the Swan, and will not stay at the cabins again....the Swan is soooo much more convienient, and we like the themeing ALOT better! I think that if you like the themeing of FW, you should check out the Wilderness lodge, it is similar, but nicer and more convienient to every thing. We did not like the fact that we had to take a bus INSIDE the FW resort just to get to ANOTHER bus to be taken to a park! We usually ended up waiting 15-20 minutes for EACH bus! It was very aggravating to me! and getting "home" after a long day in the parks was soooo tiring!Good luck and have fun!!!:sunny: